Fly line on a nymphmaniac 11ft 3wt?

shieldr

Hi all

I have the above rod teamed up with a mono rig that works like a dream. The question I have is if I put a wee fly line on this rod will it work in the event that a rise comes on and I am looking to fish the dries for a bit? If so any line recommendations?

cheers

Richard

rabmax

I haven't tried a fly line yet on my nymphamaniac 10\3wt. Been nymphing with it all winter.I reckon it will work underlining with a 2wt line.I read somewhere about people underlining nymphamaniac rods.I underline by one anyway with Bario Mallard lines .I used the troutbitten mono rig for casting dries last year.That was with a flextec streamtec.The nymphamaniac should cast a mono rig even better with dries.

shieldr

I haven't tried a fly line yet on my nymphamaniac 10\3wt. Been nymphing with it all winter.I reckon it will work underlining with a 2wt line.I read somewhere about people underlining nymphamaniac rods.I underline by one anyway with Bario Mallard lines .I used the troutbitten mono rig for casting dries last year.That was with a flextec streamtec.The nymphamaniac should cast a mono rig even better with dries.
Thanks for this. I was considering a wee wf2. Wondering if anyone had tried this on the 11ft. Cheers.

shieldr

Double Taper Floating Fly Fishing Line (100ft, moss green, orange)_72
Item No 72
SIZE: DT2F
COLOR : moss green
£6.79 GBP

shieldr

UPDATE- tried the maxcatch dt2f yesterday on the 11ft nymphmaniac and it casts like a dream. Would have no hesitation in using it for dries, wets, unweighted nymphs. Seems like a great quality line for the cash.

Latest posts