Fly Pike advice?

Perch@1

Hello guys at present to clean my fly line i soak it in warm soapy water then pass it through a piece of kitchen roll to remove any surface dirt.
I've devoped this understanding over the years, but is there a better method because I'm spending more time on the fly.
Thank you 🎣

GEK79

Hello guys at present to clean my fly line i soak it in warm soapy water then pass it through a piece of kitchen roll to remove any surface dirt.
I've devoped this understanding over the years, but is there a better method because I'm spending more time on the fly.
Thank you 🎣
That's more or less what the majority of guys here do.. Good clean and store should be fine for next season..
Gary.. And I may be corrected if its a floating line there are various treatments..
Gary

Perch@1

That's more or less what the majority of guys here do.. Good clean and store should be fine for next season..
Gary.. And I may be corrected if its a floating line there are various treatments..
Gary

Thank you GEK79 I wanted reassurance in what I was doing, Fly Pike time is on us now so that's another chapter to learn? 🎣

PaulD

Very lukewarm and very dilute soap is very good and then dried with a soft, lint-free cloth. Also, it's worthwhile giving your line a treatment with a line lube, like one of these. It helps to retain the plasticiser in the line and keep it slick.

Line Lube.jpg