flyfishing cottage wanted west wales in March

rickporter

Looking to get away for 4/5 days from around 5th march (sat), preferably close to a river thats fishable for relative new comer to fly fishing. Looking fr some peace and quiet, reasonable value accommodation. Does anyone know of anything? many thanks in advance Rick (coming from Cardiff)

linkledger

You may want to check out the river fishing season dates. Not sure when season start for trout in rivers.

But river fishing for coarse fish stops mid March.

Worth checking:)

taterdu

Looking to get away for 4/5 days from around 5th march (sat), preferably close to a river thats fishable for relative new comer to fly fishing. Looking fr some peace and quiet, reasonable value accommodation. Does anyone know of anything? many thanks in advance Rick (coming from Cardiff)

West Wales river fisheries for brown trout opens 1st April.

http://naturalresources.wales/media/3961/rod-fishing-byelaws-2015.pdf

On some selected lower rivers sections it's even later, 31st May.

diawl bach

Look no further https://westwalesholidaycottages.co.uk/alma-house. Absolutely gorgeous cottage with fishing rights for salmon and sea trout on the Teifi. Owner knows his fishing onions too :)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Cheers Ant!

Rick, you can fish the Teifi above Lampeter Bridge from 3rd March but as taterdu says most of the west Wales rivers begin 1st April which is a shame as I could have offered you the above cottage otherwise.

If you fancy booking it later in the season this video gives you a flavour of the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG91e4baM0s

taterdu

If you fancy booking it later in the season this video gives you a flavour of the place.

I can fully endorse Alma House as an excellent base for some great fishing . . . I have had some memorable times at Alma House . . . so I've been reliably informed and can recommend the pool table at the nearby pub.

ant77

Not to mention Dave the landlord :D

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

diawl bach

I can fully endorse Alma House as an excellent base for some great fishing . . . I have had some memorable times at Alma House . . . so I've been reliably informed and can recommend the pool table at the nearby pub.

Cheers Paul, early start in there for the Six Nations, fantastic, really looking forward to it, goodbye Saturday, will send you and Ant's regards to Dave.

The Nag's has recently been sold, rumour is a gastro pub cometh. I could handle that!

welshfly

My wife and myself have booked Alma house cottage in September, really looking forward to it. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Alan.

diawl bach

My wife and myself have booked Alma house cottage in September, really looking forward to it. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Alan.

I hope you get good water Alan, but if not, as LC mentions Llyn Berwyn or Llys Y Fran are excellent alternatives.

Latest posts