Flyfishing for a beginner around Newton Abbott

welshguy84

Im going camping near Newton Abbot in August and looking to introduce my brother in law to fly fishing, so are there any decent small still waters in about an hours radius of Newton Abbot I can take him too.

Regards Kyle

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pusser

Kennick Reservoir, look up the Kennick Flyfishers Association on the web.
Avon Dam, is a free reservoir on Dartmoor, although a bit of a hike from the car park spot
Burrator Reservoir is just about within limit from Newton Abbot

Best to look on the Southwest Lakes Trust website, there's plenty of options. there are also plenty of good stream/river water to be had on the Westcountry Angling Passport (once again, an internet search will find it for you).

Good luck.

welshguy84

Kennick Reservoir, look up the Kennick Flyfishers Association on the web.
Avon Dam, is a free reservoir on Dartmoor, although a bit of a hike from the car park spot
Burrator Reservoir is just about within limit from Newton Abbot

Best to look on the Southwest Lakes Trust website, there's plenty of options. there are also plenty of good stream/river water to be had on the Westcountry Angling Passport (once again, an internet search will find it for you).

Good luck.
Hi Pusser,
Thanks for the reply I was mainly looking for a small still water not reservoirs tbh dont want him over welmed by the expanse of water and somewhere fairly easy for him to locate and fish and hopefully catch.

Something similar to Meon springs, Moorhen, Manningford, Lechlade etc.......

Regards Kyle

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk