Foldable landing nets

speytime

Welcome to the forum, what's the purpose of the net, stillwater, rivers, streams,
I bought the best net I could then learned it wasn't the most convenient to carry around all day.
Maclean make good nets but depending on the purpose a wooden pan net might be better suited.

Al

Welcome to the forum, what's the purpose of the net, stillwater, rivers, streams,
I bought the best net I could then learned it wasn't the most convenient to carry around all day.
Maclean make good nets but depending on the purpose a wooden pan net might be better suited.

Al
Will be going to fisheries where there will be big trout.so I'm looking for something durable as well as big enough to cope with the size of fish.seen a snowbee folding net but

Hardrar

Sharpes Gye Seatrout/ large trout size- nothing else comes near. Very light and portable, very strong - well proven design, best one I used to have, had a spike you could push into the bank next to you and strip line into the net.
I have a nice Marryat rigid hooped folding head, with push button extending spring loaded telescopic handle - sadly no longer made, but very high quality though.
I used to do the competition circuit when I was younger and the Gye handled Rainbows to 25 pounds no problem.
I always found the sliding head, much faster and slicker than folding heads

Last edited:

benisa

Have a McLean with the weight in the handle, see Paul Proctor has been using one for the last 10 + years , not cheap but good piece of gear

Sharpes Gye Seatrout/ large trout size- nothing else comes near. Very light and portable, very strong - well proven design, best one I used to have, had a spike you could push into the bank next to you and strip line into the net.
I have a nice Marryat rigid hooped folding head, with push button extending spring loaded telescopic handle - sadly no longer made, but very high quality though.
I used to do the competition circuit when I was younger and the Gye handled Rainbows to 25 pounds no problem.
I always found the sliding head, much faster and slicker than folding heads
Thanks ill check out.

Latest posts