footwear on stockingfoot waders

baca157

You won’t go wrong with a pair of Korkers. My first pair lasted 6 years. On my second now and wouldn‘t swap them for any other boot.

Cheers,
Sebastian

speytime

Brill; thanks. Is there any change in washing, or just as I'd do for my yak fishing drysuit - i.e. wash off with fresh water and appropriate cleaner if needed, then hang to dry out of direct sunlight?
I've only fished from the river mouth into salt never from the beach, I was then going back up the river into fresh water so my waders were getting a good rinse, there's a few swf that'll be able to advise you better.

Al

chrisjpainter

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I got a couple of hours to test them out this afternoon/evening. I wore my Palm Camber shoes, as they have a vibram sole and give good grip over rocks, whilst also being light and comfortable enough to walk in, either in the water or out of it. They're a bit small with waders on, but I took the insole out and they'll certainly do for now.
1606414077631.png

albacore

Banned
Banned
Thought I’d contribute my take as something of a warning. I got a pair of Scierra stockingfoot breatheables and was confident I could save money on boots by simply using a pair of quite expensive cross-training shoes which I’d mistakenly bought a size too large. There developed holes in the back heel of the waders. I’m guessing, where the top of the shoe was rubbing against the neoprene. I fish mostly in the sea; single and rocks. But not that frequently. I’d say not getting a purpose-designed wading boot is a false economy.