For fecks sake..

GEK79

So after loosing my lough fly box I've discovered this evening that the simms guide nippers I treated myself too have gone too.. I know I had them at the river 3 nights ago... So lesson learnt 10quid pair from mazing on the way... 😡😡look what I have just found.. I sat here and sorted kit out after my last trip..

Attachments

Last edited:

morayfisher

Trust Member
Ouch 😓
Mine pales in comparison but I couldn’t figure out how I’d lost a particular spool of tippet, could only have dropped it on the bank I thought. But it still bugged me.
It turned up days later in a tackle bag with some sea fishing lures.
No idea how it got there, I may be going mad!

Mrtrout

Beat this, five years ago I lost a brand new bottle of gink, I always glued a piece of plastic to the bottom to stop it coming out of the little pocket I kept it in, but no matter I lost it.
That was 2014, in 2015 we had storm Desmond which flooded the river beyond belief, I was walking through a field on the same Beat about a mile downstream from where I’d lost it In 2016 and what did I find but the very same bottle complete with the plastic glued on the bottom, it was still sealed and full to the brim.
S.

GEK79

Ouch 😓
Mine pales in comparison but I couldn’t figure out how I’d lost a particular spool of tippet, could only have dropped it on the bank I thought. But it still bugged me.
It turned up days later in a tackle bag with some sea fishing lures.
No idea how it got there, I may be going mad!
I've turned my jacket inside out my little fishing section in the shed.. I'll have the amazon ones Wednesday.. Will borrow wife's nail clippers for Mondays trip ..

GEK79

Beat this, five years ago I lost a brand new bottle of gink, I always glued a piece of plastic to the bottom to stop it coming out of the little pocket I kept it in, but no matter I lost it.
That was 2014, in 2015 we had storm Desmond which flooded the river beyond belief, I was walking through a field on the same Beat about a mile downstream from where I’d lost it In 2016 and what did I find but the very same bottle complete with the plastic glued on the bottom, it was still sealed and full to the brim.
S.
Spot of luck that MrT.. Od go back to the bank where I had maybe 4 casts but the river has flooded again since..

thetrouttickler

Hard luck. I hate losing anything.

I purchased a Brodin Gallatin net in the US. They are gorgeous nets and cost a lot of money, but it was an impulsive moment and I reasoned it would be a nice souvenir and last a lifetime.

Screenshot_20200801-210151_Samsung Internet.jpg

I lost it within two weeks while fishing a remote river in Montana :rolleyes:

The bizarre thing is that 10 minutes later I found somebody else's crappy old wooden net.

GEK79

Orvis do good nippers at not a lot of money,easker1
I've ordered a 10 quid pair that will be here Wednesday I'll order another pair for next season.. Maybe try the orvis ones.. Thanks you..

GEK79

Hard luck. I hate losing anything.

I purchased a Brodin Gallatin net in the US. They are gorgeous nets and cost a lot of money, but it was an impulsive moment and I reasoned it would be a nice souvenir and last a lifetime.

View attachment 29376

I lost it within two weeks while fishing a remote river in Montana :rolleyes:

The bizarre thing is that 10 minutes later I found somebody else's crappy old wooden net.
LOL.. Karma is a strange lady indeed.. 👍👍

Wee Jimmy

I can remember buying a permit for a fiver then finding a fiver walking up the hill to the loch...free fishing...result..!

eddleston123

At the beginning of last season, I also lost my Simms Nippers. These were the 'trout print' mega expensive things.

A week after I lost them, I caught my biggest trout of the season, some 5lbs - Whilst removing the hook, the fish regurgitated - yes you've guessed it - my Simms Nippers, no worse for wear!

You just couldn't make it up ----------But I just did!!

Douglas

sculpin_crusader

I lost an original model Lamson Litespeed 1.5 in guide finish. Bought it from a chap in Alconbury for a very reasonable price, it was in mint condition and I lost it within a month on the river bank somewhere. I didn't realise until a week later, I was gutted as I had coverted one for years; it has since been replaced so I have gotten over it.

GEK79

I lost an original model Lamson Litespeed 1.5 in guide finish. Bought it from a chap in Alconbury for a very reasonable price, it was in mint condition and I lost it within a month on the river bank somewhere. I didn't realise until a week later, I was gutted as I had coverted one for years; it has since been replaced so I have gotten over it.
Just found these in the box my dad gave me.. Will suffice until amazon's finest arrive..

Attachments

wobbly face

I've only lost a pair of £40 sunglasses, got out of the river shaded under trees, took glasses off and tided mt gear before walking back to the car. Put gear away then realised sunglasses missing, trek back to river but no sign of them. Went back day after to fish and check river in case they may have dropped in. NO. However, I did find a small fly box with flies. A freebie given away by Salmon And Trout mag, a bit naff and so too were the flies. :rolleyes:

shropshire_lad

Not fishing-related but about 40 years ago I was climbing a mountain with some friends in North Wales, Cnicht if anyone knows it. The mist came down and we could barely see each other, let alone the route to the top and Cnicht is quite a precipitous mountain. We had a map but with zero visibility had no way of getting any bearings to go up or for that matter down. If only we had a compass. I looked down and there at my feet was a Silva compass that someone must have dropped. I always wonder if it was divine intervention 😇

GEK79

Not fishing-related but about 40 years ago I was climbing a mountain with some friends in North Wales, Cnicht if anyone knows it. The mist came down and we could barely see each other, let alone the route to the top and Cnicht is quite a precipitous mountain. We had a map but with zero visibility had no way of getting any bearings to go up or for that matter down. If only we had a compass. I looked down and there at my feet was a Silva compass that someone must have dropped. I always wonder if it was divine intervention 😇
Cnicht is roughly an hour away from the village I I grew up in Llanfairfechan.. Intervention.. I like hope I like the idea that something helped you or someone.. 😉😉