For fecks sake..

anzac

Trust me here. Don't put your brand new, only had them a day sunnies in your shirt pocket, and then bend over to look in the water whilst fishing from a dock. I did that when I was 17 and salt water fishing.

fingask

Hard luck. I hate losing anything.

I purchased a Brodin Gallatin net in the US. They are gorgeous nets and cost a lot of money, but it was an impulsive moment and I reasoned it would be a nice souvenir and last a lifetime.

View attachment 29376

I lost it within two weeks while fishing a remote river in Montana :rolleyes:

The bizarre thing is that 10 minutes later I found somebody else's crappy old wooden net.
Was the troot an optional extra

fishing hobo

Last weekend was a bugger... Walking acoss a vast field I felt my sock had slipped im my wader so had to remove a boot, take down the wader, pull my sock up and put my wader and boot back on. I had forgotten to fasten my waist buckle. When I had walked half a mile and just about to pull my sheathed Simms wading pole, it wasn't there.... 😱 New one will cost more than 100 squids. So off I walk back not remebering precisely where I had left it. Couldn't find for 30 mins so started criss-crossing up and down the field where I thought I removed my buckle and after another 20 mins found a flattened area of grass and fortunately found my pole. So off I went back to the river and after about 15 mins of fishing, I tripped over a rock..... and filled my wader with water 😭. Got so pissed off I couldn't even attempt to fish calmly so I packed it in. Should have heeded the warning when I found my pole 😉.

GEK79

Last weekend was a bugger... Walking acoss a vast field I felt my sock had slipped im my wader so had to remove a boot, take down the wader, pull my sock up and put my wader and boot back on. I had forgotten to fasten my waist buckle. When I had walked half a mile and just about to pull my sheathed Simms wading pole, it wasn't there.... 😱 New one will cost more than 100 squids. So off I walk back not remebering precisely where I had left it. Couldn't find for 30 mins so started criss-crossing up and down the field where I thought I removed my buckle and after another 20 mins found a flattened area of grass and fortunately found my pole. So off I went back to the river and after about 15 mins of fishing, I tripped over a rock..... and filled my wader with water 😭. Got so pissed off I couldn't even attempt to fish calmly so I packed it in. Should have heeded the warning when I found my pole 😉.
Karma is a funny lady. Hope your okay.. I found the nippers underneath the bench..