Foxons

royvs

I know many people on here already use Foxons but for any one who has not.....I thoroughly recommend them.

A family firm, they are really professional and know their stuff. Couple that with very fair deals and a friendly approach and that's Foxons for you.

I have no connection with the family....only wish I did!!!

http://www.foxons.co.uk/Default.asp?cookiecheck=yes&

musicalbloke

I'll second that. Received excellent service every time I've dealt with them.

Some shops could learn a lot from the way Foxon's run things.

sewinbasher

Those of us lucky enough to live in North Wales know Foxons very well and have seen it grow over the past 20 years from a small side section in the Post Office to probably the best game fishing shop in Wales if not the UK. I can endorse all the comments on the mail order service although they don't advertise widely and it's even better in the shop where there is plenty of chat and no "hard sell" pressure to buy.

In fact one of the best features is that they will often point you to a cheaper option than your intended purchase - a case in point being when Arthur recommended that I go to the river at the back of the shop and try his Snowbee XS line before spending a lot more on a Lee Wulff TT and having said that he also warned me that they wore out a bit more quickly than other lines making it my choice.

What you might not know is that, until Sportfish started to sell them last year, Foxons imported the blanks and made up all the official Winston rods for the UK. They also do outstanding repair work on rods, including handling warranty repairs for some big names, if they can't fix it it pretty much can't be fixed. I've had more than one damaged rod saved by them and for a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
G

grayling

I bought a sage XP from them a couple of months ago, excellent service, very polite, very helpful, highly recommended....:cool:

WelshOsprey

I've bought two second hand rods online and had no problems at all. In fact they offered great advice as to which rods were best suited and in best condition etc. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Only wish they were nearer me so that I could browse the shop and meet the family and thank them personally for all their help and advice.

Wiggy

I too can support that that has been said in the previous posts. A great shop, knowledgable and friendly staff, an all round excellent shop.

beanieboy

Ordered a Salmon Rod from them [delivery to Northern Ireland] - arrived next day - very impressed.

sewinbasher

Paul T said:
Anyone know how Arthur is doing? He was rather poorly last year.

Much improved but I think he still has to take things a little easy. He and Roz are off to the Bahamas very shortly.

JAD

Foxon's

I agree with all thats been said. I've bought lots of fishing tackle from Foxon's over the years and the service has been first class and if you have any problems with what you have bought they will change it for you.

Another good thing about Foxon's is. They all fish so they know what they are talking about and if you need any special flies they will tie them for you.

Not sure how Arthur is. But I did receive an e-mail from him last week when I was inquiring about a Sage XP and he very kindly put one on one side for me to pick up the following day :D