Frank Sawyer flies.

tomglum

Hi all,
rummaging through an old fishing box I have come across 25 flies by Frank Sawyer, they are on 5 labelled and signed cards in tiny envelopes, are these rare, I have tried to download a photo but the file says its to big.
Tim

Last edited:

tomglum

Welcome to the forums tomglum.
Sounds like you have a collectors lot there and no doubt will get a lot of interest. I've no idea of possible value but could be worth quite a bit if tied by Frank himself.
Thanks for the welcome and reply.
Tim

Lewis Chessman

Hello, Tom, and welcome.
Others, I'm sure, will know far more than me but I'm certain I'm not alone in wanting to see the flies. If you could post a photo of a few I'm positive they will be gratefully received here.
Hope you stick around and enjoy the place.
Lewis.

thetrouttickler

Hi all,
rummaging through an old fishing box I have come across 25 flies by Frank Sawyer, they are on 5 labelled and signed cards in tiny envelopes, are these rare, I have tried to download a photo but the file says its to big.
Tim
Hi Tim

I don't think they are worth anything at all. I'll give you a fiver for them. Deal?...

tomglum

Hello, Tom, and welcome.
Others, I'm sure, will know far more than me but I'm certain I'm not alone in wanting to see the flies. If you could post a photo of a few I'm positive they will be gratefully received here.
Hope you stick around and enjoy the place.
Lewis.
Thanks Lewis i've tried but I don't know how to condense the pictures to post
Tim

thetrouttickler

Very interesting to see. I have never heard of the Sawyer Swedish before. Also interesting to see how much skinnier his nymphs are compared to modern ties.

thetrouttickler

Yes, I think it would be accurate to say there will be interest.

Pity one of the Killer Bugs looks to be missing, otherwise you'd have a full set, but I don't think that will matter too much.

GEK79

Thanks Lewis i've tried but I don't know how to condense the pictures to post
Tim
If you go to tour pictures you should be able to crop.. That will reduce the size of photo.. Welcome.. And good luck

BobP

I don't know how many flies Frank actually tied, but his wife tied a great many of them, especially the ones for sale,

wobbly face

It would appear unusual to have Frank's signature on the back of the cards. If frank did tie the flies and signed the card then you have something very unique.
As per Bob, his wife tied flies and later his daughter after Frank's death. Just google Frank Sawyer river keeper.