Frensham

colboro

Robins wood Frensham.
Fished here yesterday and a tremendous amount of work being done to improve the fishery,access track,parking,covered outdoor eating/sitting area, new steps to swims,new platforms lots of bank side clearance and ongoing. A small but very pleasant fishery with a large volume of water passing through so catch and release is not a problem. Not a clear water fishery due to the amount of water going through,still one of my favourite small fisheries.
Thank you.
Colin.

benisa

Albury could take a leaf from the work they are doing at Frensham
after 10+ years only now getting a loo at westen ( instead of P..... behind the shed ) :eek:mg:
biggest problem there plus the others is the parking area like a mud bath after any rain

Ant E Soshal

I fished there once, twenty odd years ago. Do they still have that small pool with tiger trout in it? I was a rank novice (little has changed, if I'm honest) and was told by someone older and clearly more experienced that I'd be lucky to get a pull 'in there' as it as C&R only and had been fished extensively.

I put up a sparsely dressed black and peacock spider a friend had described as 'lethal for difficult fish'. Cast after cast I got pull after pull but couldn't hook a thing... the old lag asked to look at my fly and gave a wry chuckle when I swung it over to him. The hook had snapped at the bend leaving the dressing intact, so I changed it for an intact one and didn't have another pull all afternoon. Smart fish :)