Geese moving

codyarrow

Good numbers of geese going south through Caithness today. Just been out with the dogs and seen a skein silhouetted against the moon.:thumbs:

doobrysnatcher

on the subject of dogs and birds, my german sheppard caught a magpie today and killed it
i tried to save it from the dog , but the dog was to fast for me and the bird, when it was dead he picked it up and dropped it at the back door and just left it there,during the commotion 2 other magpies came around and kept calling the dead one for about 2 hrs then flew off. isnt nature cruel ?

3lbgrayling

I saw my 1st Pinkfeet of this autunm about 3 weeks ago.But nowadays there are so many Graylags (who are resident) that it gets harder to decide which is migratory especially at night or at a distance.

Jim

codyarrow

I've been seeing the odd smaller skeins coming in for a couple of weeks. As I'm only about 15 miles from the Pentland I'm sure most were migrants flying south. Today I worked out doors all day and saw none.

bobmiddlepoint

I've been seeing the odd smaller skeins coming in for a couple of weeks. As I'm only about 15 miles from the Pentland I'm sure most were migrants flying south. Today I worked out doors all day and saw none.

Over at Bettyhill (so right on the north coast) big skeins have been coming over for about a week. There must have been over two hundred in one today and oddly a singleton just now. I'm not too good on geese unless I get a good close up view so I've no idea what they are.
Saw the first redwing yesterday too.

Andy

Been listening to the geese going over my cottage last 4 nights,only seems like yesterday they were heading north,now their coming back already.I love watching them in the fields beside me at this time of year though and now with my new hobby,I hope to get some good pictures of them all.

easker1

couple of big skeins came over this afternoon,very high over the mountains, sign of autumn, easker1