General Nature Photos

boorod

Another go at the Badgers last night, decided to leave the flash and hopefully they show before it got too dark, luck was on my side as the first one popped out at around 7.30pm followed by another, shutter speed was varied from 1/160 - 1/1200 and iso altered from 1600 - 3200, on manual setting.

_MG_1497 -1 - Copy.jpg
_MG_1542 -1 - Copy.jpg
_MG_1578 -1 - Copy.jpg

Andy.

boorod

Must remember the next time to position the focus spot at the bottom of the screen grid, as to try and get the whole thing in frame, not an easy shot to get as you just don't know when the owl will come in, so pre-focused on the bait and finger on the button then waited for it to appear, in which you get about a second to react, and hope for the best., ah well better luck next time. :)

_MG_2262 -1 - Copy.jpg

Cap'n Fishy

Back to the wildlife shots, and this was as close as I got to an Otter for the full day right up until dark-o-clock yesterday
quite sure it is either a Stoat or a Weasel, but stand to be corrected on this.

Andy.
Might have suggested a mink... but if you were in otter territory... they tend to keep the area clear of mink...

Col

boorod

Might have suggested a mink... but if you were in otter territory... they tend to keep the area clear of mink...

Col
Yeh, your right Col, otters don't tolerate mink, but its defo not a mink, way too small, others have confirmed it as a Stoat, so a Stoat it is from now on. :LOL:
thanks 4wings, appreciated.

boorod

4.30 am rise this morning and on my travels by 5am to get to an area for to hope to catch the Stags rutting by first light, arrived before 7am and was still dark, but all I could hear was Stags roaring away in front and behind me, just had to wait until enough light came in as to start getting a few images, as it got lighter the Stag started to lead his hinds further back up the hill, so that was that for the moment, some from this morning.
_MG_4229 -1 - Copy.jpg
1.jpg
_MG_4282 -1.jpg
4.jpg

Andy.