General Nature Photos

boorod

Some from today, a new guy in town and with a stunning rich chestnut coat.
_MG_5599 -1 - Copy.jpg

_MG_5624 -1 - Copy.jpg

_MG_5628 -1 - Copy.jpg

Andy.

boorod

This wee guy's been stirring up a bit of interest over the last week or so with the birders. not easy to get a decent photo
of him, as its always far out, so set up the 400DOf4 with a 2X extender, so 800mm at f8 and a nice slow focus speed :LOL: to see if I
could just get a image of some sort off it, anyway...
Drake Smew

_MG_6282 -1.jpg

3lbgrayling

This wee guy's been stirring up a bit of interest over the last week or so with the birders. not easy to get a decent photo
of him, as its always far out, so set up the 400DOf4 with a 2X extender, so 800mm at f8 and a nice slow focus speed :LOL: to see if I
could just get a image of some sort off it, anyway...
Drake Smew

View attachment 36537
There was a juvenile on the lake of menteith for a couple of weeks in October.Really chuffed to pick it up.

Jim

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line

boorod

Hope there is limited numbers of Badgers around there Andy, they are decimating the nesting lapwings elsewhere.
Never seen any Badgers there Bert, one thing is the keepers on the estate do everything to help the plovers and ground nesting birds there, though there are always an odd stoat on the go. :LOL: , I know that some guy's come and give count to the Golden Plovers that always group in one field before going up top off the hills, and ring the Short eared Owl chicks, so its well managed in that way

hooferinsane

Local woods in SE UK today
As I am 60 next birthday, I am not sure how much longer my body will take getting 'down and dirty' after two hours mostly prostrate today :)

#1.jpg