General Nature Photos

george387

For the last couple of days I've grabbed fleeting glimpses of a white coloured starling feeding at my bird feeder but never had the camera to hand this morning I did and managed to grab a semi decent photo of the bird. certainly the first I've ever seen. You can see it clearly feeding with the other starlings in the group
white%20starling.jpg

Mrtrout

Bit of a rarity George I would have thought, is that a real butterfly on the fence?

S.

Guest100

Nice shots Pete. I keep meaning to try and get a few pics of some gulls. I think a bag of chips would be good bait.

Wee Jimmy

Nice shots Pete. I keep meaning to try and get a few pics of some gulls. I think a bag of chips would be good bait.

There must be hunners of the bastirts above my car Stu......theres more seagull sh1t on it than the Bass Rock...:eek:mg::mad::D

Fishtales

A couple of gull photos.

There is a female Goosander under that lot. All for a piece of bread :)

gull-attack-001.jpg

Lesser Black Backed Gull

lesser-black-backed-gull-head-001.jpg

Cap'n Fishy

Aye, I'm not too enamoured with gulls either. They breed up on roof of the flats here from June to September. If it's not the adults incessant squawking at nothing, it's the young ones crying all bleedin' day. Gonnae shut the f*** up! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, here's some burds from our trip to Orkney last month. Bonxies (great skuas) abounded on Loch Hundland. A pair of them and a greater black-backed gull found a dead bird in the water and were so intent on feeding on it, they barely bothered when we approached for a closer look...

Click on the landscape-orientated ones for 1000px wide versions.

9564.jpg

9581.jpg

9582.jpg

9585.jpg

9586.jpg

Jimmy witnessed a bonxie on Harray wipe out a family of ducklings :(

Col

Guest100

Lovely shots Col. I just love colloquialisms on here; Bonxie, I've never heard of that before.:eek:

Cap'n Fishy

Lovely shots Col. I just love colloquialisms on here; Bonxie, I've never heard of that before.:eek:

Aye, they are real hard cases. Note how the greater black back (nae mean punter itself in the hardman stakes - and quite a bit bigger than the bonxie) is giving sway to them!

chuckie

not in the same league as you guys but i try, lol

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

and another try, lol

danielp

Still playing the the dSLR but starting to get used to all the settings and sorting out exposure and stuff. Went out for a practice in a break in the rain and was relatively happy with these two. Apart from photographing something more interesting lol, I would really appreciate any feedback on how to improve my images.

6034930808_921c8cb530_b.jpg

6034930596_7ba9da3ae6_b.jpg

Cheers
Dan

toxic evo

Re: General Nature Photos (no idear what it is )

no idear what it is
yes i know its a beatle :eek:mg:
but what kind
31edf5fa.jpg

the beatle is 1/2" long and bright green under neath with a leaf green head and back the wings are a light brown

Toxic

Latest posts