Fly Fishing Forum banner

General Nature Photos

556K views 6K replies 249 participants last post by  Elwyman 
#1 ·
This is a new 'sticky' thread to post General Nature Photos

#3 · (Edited)
Whaur's ra burds?

A few shots from Lake of Menteith last year...

Ospreys

Sky Mountain Bird Beak Wing

Bird Sky Falcon Accipitridae Eagle

Guillemot

Water Bird Beak Fluid Waterfowl

Heron

Bird Plant Natural material Beak Feather

Cormorants

Sky Cloud Bird Branch Twig

Great crested grebe

Water Bird Liquid Beak Fluid

Brothers of the angle, all. Some welcome, some not.

Col

#4 · (Edited)
this little fella decided he liked my casters(maggot chrysalis for them that dont know)he was in my bait box tucking into them without a care in the world ;):D:D

sandmartins nesting in the banks of the river Ure near Ripon....

chub spawning ...

a pair of oyster catchers on a spoil(muck)heap at work nesting on it where we had to fence off the nest and no one was allowed near it ;)

and there nest with accompanying eggs ;)

#649 ·
Re: Squeaked Fox

We Squeaked a fox in ...

Where's the rabbit:confused:
Regards
Colin
Great,realy great picture of the Foxes.Just seen this picture and honestly,I can say one of thee best I have seen.Keep it up.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Buzzard

Andy.
Nice to see close up of a Buzzerd.We get lots up here now,but they tend to be rather high up over our house and my lady wife cant see what they look like.Now I can say,look,this is what we try nearly every day to get a good view of.GREAt,thank you and keep it up,do.

#8 · (Edited)
Wow, some great shots in this thread. Col, the osprey shots are sublime, and I love the composition of the grebe. lochinloch, excellent series of pics and well done for calling him in so close! Dave, you have some cool visitors to your garden, again lovely pictures.

The subjects in mine aren't quite as exotic as some seen here so far,

And for a change, a bit of a B+W shot.

#12 ·
The subjects in mine aren't quite as exotic as some seen here so far,
[/CENTER]
Superb macro shots Stu. I just can't get the lighting like that - think I will give up on bug shots.

Back to birds.... :whistle:

Col

Reactions: kype
#16 ·
Plenty of brilliant shots on here guys.
What would the world be without our little featheres friends?? A bloody dull place I would not want to live in, thats what.
ATB
Graham

#23 ·
Fair ****s to ya then ,as I said wouldn't have taken away from it anyway , was just interested to know :guinness:

I love macro shots and wish I could have more than I point and shoot compact :(

Mind you with a little luck I sometimes get some nice ones with it , Nikon coolpix 5600

#25 ·
Patience and a steady hand payed off for you though :)

This is the original picture of the Green Tiger Beetle. As you can see I cropped a fair bit out of it :)
Yeah cheers they not perfect but not bad for a wee point and shoot job , steady hand ?? There was a roach attached to the other end tugging away :D

Well I spose when cropping like that it is even more important to have good camera and have everything bang on , anyway no more rambling , lets leave it to the pictures :)