Getting colder now.

campsiefisher

We had an outing today to Cobbinshaw, I have just now thawed out, really cold east wind, and I had white finger the whole day, there is no mistaking we are now into Autumn.

SWMBO thought today was quite nice, sitting indoors with the central heating on looking out a window and not on top of a hill, in an east wind, will let you make that assumption. 😀

Get the thermals looked out, nothing worse than being cold in a boat. 🚣

Best regards
Jim

Mrtrout

We had an outing today to Cobbinshaw, I have just now thawed out, really cold east wind, and I had white finger the whole day, there is no mistaking we are now into Autumn.

SWMBO thought today was quite nice, sitting indoors with the central heating on looking out a window and not on top of a hill, in an east wind, will let you make that assumption. 😀

Best regards
Jim
Aye it was a cold wet day here as well Jim, fished all day in showers my hands were freezing, glad to get home to a hot shower and a red wine or two. It was hailstoning near my daughters at Southport.
vest on tomorrow and maybe the long Johns.
S.

taffy1

Yep, here in the very South of Wales there was a noticeable drop in the temperature department, particulatly this evening, I had to adorn a pair of socks which didn't appear a fashionistic addition to my flip-flops......on a more serious note, with the Covid-19 spiking again in certain areas, this drop in temperature leading into a winter, who knows what this will become. I hope everyone here & families can remain safe & healthy.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line

Best regards
Jim
Had to defrost rear window of motor this morning at 8am!
However, was a better day thereafter, weather wise.
How was the fishing Jim?
regards
Bert

campsiefisher

Wasn't too bad for myself Bert, I had a few in the morning, including a double hookup while drifting into Duffers bay, luckily I managed to get both in the net. The afternoon kinda died, for everyone, and it seemed most of the boats struggled.

I was kinda glad my boat partner decided to leave early, as i was chilled to the bone. ⛄

Best regards
Jim

Last edited:

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Wasn't too bad for myself Bert, I had a few in the morning, including a double hookup while drifting into in Duffers bay, luckily I managed to get both in the net. The afternoon kinda died, for everyone, and it seemed most of the boats struggled.

I was kinda glad my boat partner decided to leave early, as i was chilled to the bone. ⛄

Best regards
Jim
Yeah, temperature started to go down fast mid afternoon, but light was good!
regards
Bert