Glasgow Angling Centre.

Mrtrout

Just a heads up for GAC, I ordered a rod from them Monday lunchtime, it was dispatched on Tuesday and arrived today.
I always worry about rods in transit getting chucked about but this was the best packaging I’ve seen to date.
UPS arrived well within the designated slot, I received a strong cardboard box inside was a stiff cardboard tube, with foam inserts both ends. Inside that was a polythene bag protecting the tube.
I frequently buy from them as I like the free postage on anything over £100, and I find the service to be good.
S.

mike fox

I purchased a Streamflex Plus rod from them recently and I experienced a similar service. I can't fault them and I have used them for several years. I get loyalty discount points as a bonus as well.

Beacon Beige

Just a heads up for GAC, I ordered a rod from them Monday lunchtime, it was dispatched on Tuesday and arrived today.
I always worry about rods in transit getting chucked about but this was the best packaging I’ve seen to date.
UPS arrived well within the designated slot, I received a strong cardboard box inside was a stiff cardboard tube, with foam inserts both ends. Inside that was a polythene bag protecting the tube.
I frequently buy from them as I like the free postage on anything over £100, and I find the service to be good.
S.

I wonder what rod that was
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mrtrout

I purchased a Streamflex Plus rod from them recently and I experienced a similar service. I can't fault them and I have used them for several years. I get loyalty discount points as a bonus as well.
How do you get the loyalty points Mike, I’ve had a good few things in the last 12 months?
S.

Beacon Beige

Next time you buy something they will ask for your address , Then ask them your balance in cash , Now ask them to deduct that amount from your order you are placing .

Simple

Mrtrout

Next time you buy something they will ask for your address , Then ask them your balance in cash , Now ask them to deduct that amount from your order you are placing .

Simple

I’ve bought loads Col they have my address as I have an account with them, but never been offered points?
S.

LukeNZ

I have bought stuff from GAC, they have plenty of stock and ship to NZ, and they are always good on price, well packaged and despatched pretty swiftly.
I also like Sportfish too, they are good too.
Both generally cheaper and quicker than Farlow's, whom I used to use.

Mrtrout

I have bought stuff from GAC, they have plenty of stock and ship to NZ, and they are always good on price, well packaged and despatched pretty swiftly.
I also like Sportfish too, they are good too.
Both generally cheaper and quicker than Farlow's, whom I used to use.
Don’t Farlows own Sportfish?
S.

LukeNZ

No idea, but I always used Farlow's until I discovered GAC and Sportfish.

Farlows could always get what I wanted eventually, but the other 2 had it in stock.

Customer service was always top shelf at Farlows; they seemed to make me feel they were bending over backwards to get stuff to me in NZ,

Whereas the other 2 just process the order and ship it out, same or next day. Its totally pointless paying for premium delivery service, out of the UK, as customs service here in NZ holds on to everything for 10 days, its a slow process.., before giving it to the chosen domestic carrier to put into their nationwide network for delivery.

Generally, I get everything within 2 weeks from USA and UK if they ship straight away - sometimes Farlows would take a couple of weeks to get in whatever it was I wanted, so could be a month or more before I see it.

🙃

Last edited:

mike fox

How do you get the loyalty points Mike, I’ve had a good few things in the last 12 months?
S.
Just ask for a loyalty card. What I have done in the past when visiting the shop and buying a good amount of pricey stuff is to purchase the highest price item first and use existing points for the discount, then go back in and purchase other items using the points I have just gained on the first purchase. ;)

morayfisher

S.
Nothing wrong with GAC, I’ve bought plenty from them and the staff have been good when I’ve been in there.
But, as always, it’s worth shopping around for dearer stuff. At one point a Vision Onki was £220 at GAC vs £190 at Uttings.

The Endrick Spider

S.
I ordered a Game Fishing and Fly Tying catalogues from them 4 weeks ago and never received either. I do have a loyalty card that has been ongoing since the start.

tenet

Discounts - the answer is NO unless you ask the question.🙂

benisa

S.
the American company own Farlows and sports fish
maybe you pay more at Farlows for where it is and maybe rubbing shoulders with some toff

see sports fish where offering 10% 15% discount last week
10% OFF*
ALL ORDERS

USE CODE
WFD10
15% OFF*
ORDERS OVER £300

USE CODE

WFD15

Vintage Badger

Nothing wrong with GAC, I’ve bought plenty from them and the staff have been good when I’ve been in there.
But, as always, it’s worth shopping around for dearer stuff. At one point a Vision Onki was £220 at GAC vs £190 at Uttings.
I've always had good, prompt service when I've bought stuff from Uttings (usually clothing and footwear) and find they're usually quite keen on price and have some good special offers too.

original cormorant

I have generally had good service from GAC except when I bought a second hand (ok pre-loved) rod. The condition was described as used once but it had a badly scratched reel seat and rust on several guide feet and their response to my complaint was not helpful.

Latest posts