Fly Fishing Forum banner

Glasgow Angling Centre.

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  tarmangie 
#1 ·
Just a heads up for GAC, I ordered a rod from them Monday lunchtime, it was dispatched on Tuesday and arrived today.
I always worry about rods in transit getting chucked about but this was the best packaging I’ve seen to date.
UPS arrived well within the designated slot, I received a strong cardboard box inside was a stiff cardboard tube, with foam inserts both ends. Inside that was a polythene bag protecting the tube.
I frequently buy from them as I like the free postage on anything over £100, and I find the service to be good.
S.

#3 ·
Just a heads up for GAC, I ordered a rod from them Monday lunchtime, it was dispatched on Tuesday and arrived today.
I always worry about rods in transit getting chucked about but this was the best packaging I've seen to date.
UPS arrived well within the designated slot, I received a strong cardboard box inside was a stiff cardboard tube, with foam inserts both ends. Inside that was a polythene bag protecting the tube.
I frequently buy from them as I like the free postage on anything over £100, and I find the service to be good.
S.
I wonder what rod that was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#7 ·
Next time you buy something they will ask for your address , Then ask them your balance in cash , Now ask them to deduct that amount from your order you are placing .

Simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've bought loads Col they have my address as I have an account with them, but never been offered points?
S.

#13 ·
I always worry about rods in transit getting chucked about but this was the best packaging I've seen to date.
S.
Nothing wrong with GAC, I've bought plenty from them and the staff have been good when I've been in there.
But, as always, it's worth shopping around for dearer stuff. At one point a Vision Onki was £220 at GAC vs £190 at Uttings.

Reactions: martinzx
#19 ·
Nothing wrong with GAC, I've bought plenty from them and the staff have been good when I've been in there.
But, as always, it's worth shopping around for dearer stuff. At one point a Vision Onki was £220 at GAC vs £190 at Uttings.
I've always had good, prompt service when I've bought stuff from Uttings (usually clothing and footwear) and find they're usually quite keen on price and have some good special offers too.

#16 ·
S.
I ordered a Game Fishing and Fly Tying catalogues from them 4 weeks ago and never received either. I do have a loyalty card that has been ongoing since the start.

#26 ·
If you are interested the discount available is known as their reward card, it costs £5 and is available for your lifetime. It is 10 points for a pound spent and £2.50 discount for 1,000 points plus various other bits and pieces. However they have a list of angling clubs and if you put your purchase against the clubs' name instead of your own they receive substantially more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.