Gone Fishing photo caption competition, judged by Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer!

ohanzee

Why not just post up a picture and call it something like..... :unsure:......'caption contest'...

Yip I know, genius.

D

Deleted member 81051

In all seriousness, absent anything 'official' from Editor why don't you lead us off by posting an image as Caption OTM, and you act as Judge & Jury re the winner.
That's a bad idea. The Judge and Jury needs to be unbiased. With your suggestion, all the winners would end up being pro independence anti English Scots. ;)

D

Deleted member 81051

No, they would just be funny which does unfortunately put you at a disadvantage.
You could very well be right in your judgement Coco, as it's your job to be the professor of fun. Let's be having you then. Get the first image up so we can all have a laugh. 🤡😅😂🤣

ohanzee

You could very well be right in your judgement Coco, as it's your job to be the professor of fun. Let's be having you then. Get the first image up so we can all have a laugh. 🤡😅😂🤣

Maybe for the sake of forum harmony and no one feeling left out you could start us off.

D

Deleted member 81051

Maybe for the sake of forum harmony and no one feeling left out you could start us off.
It's your idea Coco. Let's have no more of your sideways shifts. We're all waiting.

ohanzee

It's your idea Coco. Let's have no more of your sideways shifts. We're all waiting.

Happy to, I'll ask admin if they are willing to act as independent judges, is there anything else you want me to do?

D

Deleted member 81051

Happy to, I'll ask admin if they are willing to act as independent judges, is there anything else you want me to do?
Just what prize you are offering? I'll see that when I get back. I'm just off for an afternoon on Corrib. Conditions look good and, as ever, I'm optimistic.

ohanzee

Just what prize you are offering? I'll see that when I get back. I'm just off for an afternoon on Corrib. Conditions look good and, as ever, I'm optimistic.

No prize, just the warm satisfaction.

eddleston123

Just a few weeks heralds the end of the trout fishing season in most fisheries.

The long boring months of the winter will soon be a reality.

Can I ask admin, will the 'Caption Competition' ever be resurrected. It was one of the threads that I used to really enjoy.

I'm sure most of us, are really not too interested in a 'prize' just the satisfaction and fun of participating and perhaps occasionally winning!

A glimmer of hope would be good and would give all who are interested something to look forward to!

Douglas

bonefishblues

Can I ask admin, will the 'Caption Competition' ever be resurrected. It was one of the threads that I used to really enjoy.

I'm sure most of us, are really not too interested in a 'prize' just the satisfaction and fun of participating and perhaps occasionally winning!

A glimmer of hope would be good and would give all who are interested something to look forward to!

Douglas
Terrible caption - needs to be shorter & punchier Douglas.

D

Deleted member 81051

Douglas
We just had a "name the pub" caption game and admin pulled it.