Good Thigh Boots

jaybeegee

I’ve been fishing a small tree lined stream lately that involves a bit of scrambling through undergrowth but the wading is not much more than knee deep. Thigh boots are just right for this but my cheap and cheerful pvc jobs give no grip or ankle support and are both hot and a crap fit.
I have fond memories of my Streamfisher’s bought in the seventies, which lasted nearly twenty five years. Without spending daft money on a Designer French brand, is there any thing out there that compares with what used to be standard kit?

B

Mrtrout

Stream fishers were nice quality, I had a pair with studs in.
i have two pairs of Snowbee thigh waders now and they are fine but uncomfortable to wear for a few hours, my feet really get sore in them.
Not sure where to suggest B sorry.
S.

wobbly face

catzrob

Have you considered getting waist rather than chest waders, can be had for quite reasonable money on eBay. Might have better boots, breathable, option of stocking foot.

Pritts Apprentice

Get yourself a pair of LC waders (Liverpool waders). I have the studded thigh waders, with the purofort boots, bomb proof and the boots are comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer. Ideal for yorkshire becks and small streams.

skinner

I use these on the small streams they are actually Leeda/wychwood with neoprene socks. They are comfortable. And a good bargain!