Gordon Griffiths Thread

mr_eejit

Thank for replying wobbly face, I do use black a lot, I've got uni thread and UTC thread, but they cost about the same for 1 spool, so 6 of these for that price I think I'll give it a try, there is also 10 spools of mixed colours on eBay for £5.50 but they are 100 m spools still good tho ��

Last edited:

daveg

How did you get on with this, and do you have a link for the 10 spools. Thanks.

colliedog

Useful link thanks. I ordered 6 fluorescent cobwebs threads and a very well priced golden pheasant head.

noel

John our club pro tyer gets all his thread from them as it is only 10mins drive from his home a lot of the local to me pro tyers get all their threads etc from the same place .

mr_eejit

arrived OK

BUT

spools do NOT have the black GG label...............fake..?

I hope not as i ordered 24 spools :doh:

Last edited:

crazyfool92

arrived OK

BUT

I ordered the Cobweb Superfine 100 Metre Thread 6/0 10 pack and they came the same way. Going by the other replies in this thread they're maybe just buying bigger spools in bulk and re-spooling it?

Red Rooster

arrived OK

BUT

Hi John, what did you think if the "GG"sheer 14/0? I also bought a 6 spool pkt from the links above and it doesn't look too good. I tried tying a couple of buzzers and it seemed to be very dull looking and fraying very easily. I have just watched a Dave Downie video on YouTube and the 14/0 Sheer he is using seems to have a shine to it.
I'm thinking that it isn't the real stuff. :unsure:

arkle

The late Gordon G. passed away some years ago. Most of his kit was bought up by another dealer, who still sells it under G.G's name on ebay etc. He also bought the thread wrapping gear & sold it on to another dealer, who still sells it under the GG name, As that's how this product will remain easily reckognised, even if it is now wound from the same bulk spools that Gordon originally bought, or maybe replaced & re- bought by the new dealer from the same source as Gordon did.

baztek1

i use sheer a lot and it is an excellent thread that does have a bit of shine to it.

From the way the thread has been described i would not think it can be genuine

arkle

Matt, gloss or somewhere in between - wherever it is or was may be dependant on the type & amount of wax that's been applied to it sometime or somewhere along its lifecycle