GR50 broken tip

Singer

Hi. Just broke the tip section of my Greys GR50 8'6" #5 rod. From what I've read the customer service from Greys is crap. Just sent them an email Re replacement but not expecting miracles. Anyone know where else I could get a replacement section from please? Cheers.

lillywhite

Singer, if you don't get a response to your email give them a call. I broke the tip of a 3 year old GR30 earlier this year. I spoke to Greys customer service, they checked stock but could not replace the tip section so offered me a brand new GR40 for £30. Seemed quite reasonable to me.

iainmortimer

I’m really surprised to hear that about the customer service. I broke the tip of one of my Greys rods (Discontinued model) earlier this year and was very impressed by their service. Call them and I’m sure they’ll sort you quickly - you’ll probably need to return the broken section but I didn’t see that as an issue. Good luck in getting it sorted.

Paul_B

Greys customer service is very good provided you have the receipt, they'll not be so good if you bought it from some chap in the pub who bought it from an auction site.

mrnotherone

Broke a Streamflex XF2 tip some years ago. Contacted the retailer and I had a new one direct from Greys within a week. I've heard bad things about Greys, but my personal experience has been good.

Singer

Thanks for all the reassuring replies folks.
Have just had an "undeliverable" message Re my email I sent earlier today which is similar to other stories I've heard.
Will give them a call 2mrw and post the outcome on here.

Singer

Greys customer service is very good provided you have the receipt, they'll not be so good if you bought it from some chap in the pub who bought it from an auction site.
Great rod but you're right - no receipt cus bought from Ebay so may treat me differently. Fingers crossed.

tangled

I was about to say, go to your retailer. I broke my #5 gr50 and even though the rod is now no longer made I got a replacement by calling the retailer - Gary Evans - I actually got Gary - who sorted it out for me.

eBay suggests it was second hand so you're asking a lot. But even so, Greys in my experience are pretty good - just call them.

Paul_B

Greys, Hardy and copies of other top rods are available on auction sites (good copies) so don't expect too much from a manufacturer if you don't have a receipt to prove yours is genuine.

noeyedeer

Hi. Just broke the tip section of my Greys GR50 8'6" #5 rod. From what I've read the customer service from Greys is crap. Just sent them an email Re replacement but not expecting miracles. Anyone know where else I could get a replacement section from please? Cheers.
Before based on hearsay you write off any more jobs in my home town of Alnwick ;^), try giving them a direct call!
As others have said, they’ve been more than helpful & fair to me over the years, with one Greys rod replaced no quibble FOC and another (snapped) upgraded to a Hardy Demon at 75% off!

Paul_B

Before based on hearsay you write off any more jobs in my home town of Alnwick ;^), try giving them a direct call!
As others have said, they’ve been more than helpful & fair to me over the years, with one Greys rod replaced no quibble FOC and another (snapped) upgraded to a Hardy Demon at 75% off!
A wonderful shop to buy from and a great place to holiday.
I've never had a problem with a rod but I've been in the shop when someone brought one in and they changed it without any problems.