Grafham from the bank

paul100

Hi all

Just looking for some advise on fishing Grafham from the bank as I'm hoping to get there next weekend. Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Paul

JoeOh

Check out the Anglian Water Fishing Leisure Blog. Good info, if a week out of date. Fishing at Rutland, a bailiff informed me that there were very many anglers at Grafham last week and the fish had become difficult with all the pressure.
Good luck...

Rob Edmunds

It's not difficult really......Crunchers on a floater, booby on point.......G buoy, Williws, Seat, Deep Water Point ..

Yes there are loads of anglers about, because the fish ( mostly 2.5 to 3.5lb silvered up) are close in

All you to know need really

G

GEK79

Ok thanks both.
Good advice there mate from 2 experienced anglers. One says is tough going after speaking to a bailiff. The other says it's easy.. 2 interesting opinions.. You will have to let us know how you get on..I look forward to the update stay safe.
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

kingf000

The key thing about Grafham is the wind strength and direction. Saturday is forecast to have an easterly direction, Sunday from the North/North west, not to strong on both days but cloudy and cold, so wrap up warm. The dam, willows, G bank and Deep water point should all be fine. The seat might be a bit exposed to the cold wind.

G

GEK79

The key thing about Grafham is the wind strength and direction. Saturday is forecast to have an easterly direction, Sunday from the North/North west, not to strong on both days but cloudy and cold, so wrap up warm. The dam, willows, G bank and Deep water point should all be fine. The seat might be a bit exposed to the cold wind.
Golden rule try to avoid the easterly wind.. But the north north west sometimes a little friendlier 😜😜

Rob Edmunds

The fish will be on and off....you will catch 2 quick then nothing for an hour or so....then another 2 as they move in and out of the shallows to feed.

Just stick with it as the method is correct.

Moving is also very difficult as there are so many anglers about and all the good spots will be gone by 10.00am.....Pick a good consistent spot and stick with it, would be my advice...G buoy, Willows, Hedge End, Stumps, Plummers ( normally I'd say keep moving and find the fish)

Try and get a wind that's comfortable for your casting, or off off your back...

Ohhh if you loose faith in the crunchers, fish a snake on an intermediate and roly poly back .

Yes a lot of people are struggling, but they are chopping and changing methods thinking there is a " magic fly or method" or moving too much...