Grafham yesterday

ejw

Managed a few hours at Grafham yesterday (Monday). Weather was not good with heavy rain at times. Successful though, 2 Perch, 1 Pike and 6 Rainbows to 6lb. Most of the rainbows came from the Dam wall. At the centre I did ask and the far bank was fishing well. As I was walking I thought with the wind blowing to the Dam wall, that may be my best bet. Not fished Grafham from the bank before, so an adventure. I had a 11' 3wt with a floater and a 9' 5wt with a slow glass. The Perch and pike came to the floater and the Rainbows to the glass. Nice day, made it to the pub before more rain set in. Glad I took the 1 fish ticket as it would have been a heavy load to carry back.

G

GEK79

Managed a few hours at Grafham yesterday (Monday). Weather was not good with heavy rain at times. Successful though, 2 Perch, 1 Pike and 6 Rainbows to 6lb. Most of the rainbows came from the Dam wall. At the centre I did ask and the far bank was fishing well. As I was walking I thought with the wind blowing to the Dam wall, that may be my best bet. Not fished Grafham from the bank before, so an adventure. I had a 11' 3wt with a floater and a 9' 5wt with a slow glass. The Perch and pike came to the floater and the Rainbows to the glass. Nice day, made it to the pub before more rain set in. Glad I took the 1 fish ticket as it would have been a heavy load to carry back.
Sounds like a good day and sure you enjoyed the pint afterwards.. 👍👍

ejw

Only coffee ? That was my wife price !!! She walked the lake while I fished - Good result for a vodka and coke (or two !!).