Grayling Fishing

NickB

Went Grayling fishing with Matt B last week. Really enjoyed it and i actually caught some which is unusual for me. Finding that fishing on the River is now more preferale to the still waters which i started on. Much more concentration required to detect the takes though! I was fishing pink shrimps and just using the braided loop to detect takes. Crafty things though those Grayling. Cant wait for next year when the trout are rising again. :)

guest21

Don't bother about next year now, keep on the grayling, far better than trout fishing, more skill required.........:guinness:

craigie

grayling fishing

Don't bother about next year now, keep on the grayling, far better than trout fishing, more skill required.........:guinness:

more skill required to catch grayling than trout i would dispute that;)

MattB

Finding that fishing on the River is now more preferable to the still waters which i started on

Second that.

I still find it amazing on reservoirs when I see anglers wading up to their nipples at the start of the day, then casting as far as they possibly can.
Suppose it helps the anglers on the opposite bank. :rolleyes:

yeoman

Probably about time for a dispute of at least a hundred posts.....:eek:

craigie

grayling fishing

You're welcome, everyone's entitled to their own opinion...:whistle::whistle:

it is my opinion you are correct,but i think anyone on here worth their salt will tell you that grayling are easier to catch than wild river trout.;)

Mrtrout

My first ever cast on the Clyde at Wolfclyde bridge, produced a brownie.
Saying that I have struggled ever since. :D, on the Clyde.
It's a hard one really, sometimes grayling seem easy, and on other days so do the trout.
And then there are times when both prove very illusive.
I'll go a dead match.
S.

NickB

My first ever cast on the Clyde at Wolfclyde bridge, produced a brownie.
Saying that I have struggled ever since. :D, on the Clyde.
It's a hard one really, sometimes grayling seem easy, and on other days so do the trout.
And then there are times when both prove very illusive.
I'll go a dead match.
S.
I think their all hard to catch especially when i've been stood their for hours without a touch. Even on reservoirs when their topping and tailing in front of you but wont touch a thing! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

MattB

Nick, take up smoking. Amount of trout I've had while sparking up or with one dangling out of me gob! :eek:

I'll go out on a limb and say Grayling are harder to catch on dries cos they've got smaller mouths, sorry...gobs.

P.S - I am not affiliated with any marlboro company (had to look at me pack to spell that!)

royvs

If you can find your Grayling, you are likely to catch more of them as they tend to be a Shoal Fish. The trick, surely, is finding them. They tend to move about more than Trout.

John Tyzack taught me "if you catch one Grayling, don't move your feet".

I, also, find them much easier on Nymphs than Dries.