Grayling flies for a good cause - LTC

danielp

Hi ladies and gents

Last year a group of us got together and tied up a few boxes of pink grayling bugs which were auctioned off for Let's Tackle Cancer. We raised some decent money for a very good cause so I would like to repeat the act if possible.

LTC is a means for fishermen and women to raise money which goes to support Marie Curie, Cancer Research and McMillan nurses. I work in a lab which receives Cancer Research (Wales) funding and can assure you that the donations are well spent on better understanding and treating cancer.

I would like to do a similar thing again but this time would like some volunteers to tie up some flies around the theme of Duo flies for grayling. Also if anyone has any boxes laying around doing nothing that they would like to contribute they will be gratefully received, if not I will buy some.

6 Nymphs and 6 dries from everyone would be brilliant and flies should be sent to me by the end of November and I will start the auctions in December.

More info about LTC can be found here
https://www.facebook.com/LetsTackleCancer?ref=hl

Flytiers
1. DanielP - Balloon Caddis and red tag
2. Ferral - olive biot nymph and CDC and Elk
3. garpin - FLIES RECEIVED
4. alexflyfisher1990 - pheasant tails and F- flies FLIES RECIEVED
5. scruffyemerger - klink and dinks - FLIES RECEIVED
6. frog on toast - pink shrimp and treacle parkin FLIES RECEIVED
7. sglidster - pink shrimps and Griffith's gnat FLIES RECEIVED
8. wynne FLIES RECEIVED
9. scoobyscott - hares lug and klink
10. SharkeyP - Klink and pt nymphs - FLIES RECEIVED
11. sculpin crusader - (Utah) killer bugs and Sturdy's fancy FLIES RECEIVED
12. welshflyfisher
13. luke troutstalker - FLIES RECEIVED
14. Edd - FLIES RECEIVED
15. seanr91
16. flickupflickback
17. dasco
18. paramedic pete - miracle nymphs and f-flies FLIES RECEIVED
19. captainpurple -brassie and FLIES RECEIVED
20. Lucian
21. adamroybooth
22. NickS
23. garyatwyffs FLIES RECEIVED
24. Kieron Jenkins
25. diawl bach - FLIES RECEIVED
26. Fisherprice - FLIES RECEIVED
27. BulbousArteriole FLIES RECEIVED
28. BigRaymond FLIES RECIEVED

Last edited:

ferral

Dan - how many flies do you want? and do we do the dry and the nymph or one or the other?

Good initiative :thumbs:

danielp

Dan - how many flies do you want? and do we do the dry and the nymph or one or the other?

Good initiative :thumbs:
Knew I would have missed out an important detail Ferral!! I have edited the original post but 6 dries and 6 nymphs would be perfect. Hopefully if we get enough people this will reuslt in 3 boxes of flies being available for auction.

ferral

Nice one :thumbs: I'll do 6 olive biot nymphs which have been doing a turn for me on our crystal clear limestone stream recently and 6 unspecified dries as I'll have to think of something that will hold up the tungsten!

frog_on_toast

I'll join in if that's ok, I'd like to do a pink shrimp, although that's not a nymph, so I'll do a weighted GHRE if the shrimp is unacceptable, and for the dry, some treacle parkin.

sglidster

6 pink shrimps and 6 Griffiths gnats (and maybe a few more just for fun!) from me!

Simon

SharkeyP

Hi Daniel,

Sounds like the sort of thing I ought to be contributing to. Put me down for half a dozen of each Skinny Black Klinkhåmers and Beadhead Flashback PTNs.

SharkeyP

sculpin_crusader

Put me down for Sawyer's killer bugs and Sturdy's fancy.

Edit: I'll do some Utah killer bugs too.

Last edited:

luke troutstalker

I'd like to do this, but am struggling for an idea of a dry that will float a nymph. My dries generally tend to just about float themselves :eek:mg:

How about a foam beetle pattern ? Is that likely to get any interest from the grayling?

sculpin_crusader

I didn't initially see the duo bit, just saw grayling flies, so my made my choice on that. Don't reckon a Sturdy's would hold up much other than a PTN at best.

sglidster

Oops, also just saw the Duo bit.

March brown dry then! I'll chuck the Griffiths in as well though.

Pink shrimps already tied

Simon