Green shoots...

Cap'n Fishy

Spotted these on the cycle path today, among the frost...

Flowers28Dec20_6984.jpg

That's where daffodils come up.

Also this...

Flowers28Dec20_6989.jpg

More dafs?

Also, noticed a huge amount of what is, I think, fresh Herb Robert greenery? I don't think it is 2020 leftovers, so is presumably 2021 growth?

Flowers28Dec20_6995.jpg

Col

Fishtales

Some of the Dafs in our garden are bigger than that. The second one is either Scilla or Bluebell. I would go for Scilla. as we have them in the garden and they are well up and they grow everywhere. I don't know how many I have dug up over the years and they still appear. Snowdrops are also up, Blueberry has been in flower for a couple of weeks now and the Mahonia is well in flower and is scenting up that corner of the garden.

vital

There have been Camelias in flower locally, an artificial Cherry too, and I've today noticed three inch shoots on the Day Lilies. I expect the deny-ers will still try some bullsh't to claim there's no such thing as global warming.

Fishtales

One of our Camelia is flowering too and the Day Lilies are showing as are the bulbs in the various pots dotted around, but that is normal for this time of year, no different from any other year, even a few years ago when the temperature in November struggled to get warmer than -5ºC for a fortnight, even went to -10ºC for quite a few days :)