GUIDELINE REACH FLY REELS

shieldr

Any opinions on these reels? I am thinking of buying one at 1/2 price for the rivers. Alternative may be a Danielsson dry fly. Ta.

GEK79

Any opinions on these reels? I am thinking of buying one at 1/2 price for the rivers. Alternative may be a Danielsson dry fly. Ta.
Where are they going at half price I need a small reel for my daughters rod and can't get a small one here for love nor money and I'm on the Maxcatch blacklist now.. 😜🚫🚫

shieldr

Where are they going at half price I need a small reel for my daughters rod and can't get a small one here for love nor money and I'm on the Maxcatch blacklist now.. 😜🚫🚫
Yup. John Norris indeed.

shropshire_lad

I have two of the 5/6 model which came with Gudeline Stoked rods in a John Norris deal last year. Still not used them, wonder if I ever will! They appear very nice reels, light and run very smoothly. Changing spool was not that intuitive but that's probably just me ;) Also, spare spools seemed impossible to find last year but things may have changed.

ian1104

I have two of the 5/6 model which came with Gudeline Stoked rods in a John Norris deal last year. Still not used them, wonder if I ever will! They appear very nice reels, light and run very smoothly. Changing spool was not that intuitive but that's probably just me ;) Also, spare spools seemed impossible to find last year but things may have changed.
Still haven't quite figured out how to change the spool! any advice?

barden neil

I had a favo reel which is the next up from the reach. Thing that disappointed me was the lack of durability of the finish, quickly wore off on the spool edge despite being careful. clearly a cheap sprayed on finish.

roger h 10

As far as I can make out the Reach,although based on the Favo, was originally made specifically for one of the big German on line stores and was not available elsewhere. I have had both reels and prefer the Reach as it has a sealed drag which the Favo doesn't as far as I know.
The Danielsson is a far superior reel being machined from bar stock and would cost a lot more money if it was available through normal retail outlets instead of direct from the manufacturer.