Guideline Wading Staff. Help!

donnieh

Hi All,

my new Guideline wading staff arrived yesterday and when I took it out of the sheath, it automatically extended as expected. I then extended it and its rigid. Great.

Only thing is, I can't get the bloody thing to collapse again. Anyone got one of these that can share a few ideas?

Thanks
Don

donnieh

Is it 4 sections with an elastic running through it?

Al
Hi Al

It has 4 main sections with an additional expandable handle section at the top. Its the metal one, not the carbon one.

Thanks
Don

Mrtrout

I’ve looked everywhere for a review, but I think ALs right, it’s like the Simms one with a push button.
S.

donnieh

There is one button on the handle which allows you to adjust the height.

When it first arrived and I opened it up it was quite flimsy still so I extended the handle which 'locked' the pieces together. I've tried all positions for the button on the handle part and its still locked tight and can't get it to collapse. No other buttons anywhere.

handle.jpg

donnieh

just put it on the lowest setting and had a tug-war with it. Finally freed the pieces but was that hard work. Bought this as I was sick of my scierra one sticking together but seems its much the same. Mind you I think that as long as I don't fully extend the handle then I might be ok by the riverside.

Maybe greasing the joints from time to time might help.

Mrtrout

just put it on the lowest setting and had a tug-war with it. Finally freed the pieces but was that hard work. Bought this as I was sick of my scierra one sticking together but seems its much the same. Mind you I think that as long as I don't fully extend the handle then I might be ok by the riverside.

Maybe greasing the joints from time to time might help.
strange that D, I bought the Scierra one last season, liked it cos it has seven sections and folds up so small.
Ive used it for months and it’s never once locked up on me, and for £25 delivered it’s a bargain.
S.