Hacklemoor hatchstack review.

markemark21

Hello all..
So I thought I'd go for it and try one out... I was not disappointed!
I first came across the hatchstack on the forum, but I saw a lot of pre-determined opinions as no one actually owned one.
I felt being a product made solely in the uk I wanted to support a British company.
When it came through the post my first initial thoughts were wow! The packaging it came in is well designed and protected the hatchstack well.

When I opened it, it is smaller than I imagined, which is a good thing!!

To open the hatchstick you literally just pull the nurled end and it slides open to reveal the silicone "coil. I went for the orange silicone and love it. They do a light and dark grey too.
It's a one piece unit, so it will not fall out either end.

The same evening I received it I loaded it up straight away with roughly 100 nymphs.( you can fit between 120-140) nymphs
Must admit it did take some getting used to but after inserting the first row I was away.

If you have used tacky boxes you'll get the feel for it right away.

On the weekend I was in Yorkshire fishing in some lovely rivers and it was the perfect place to try it out. I use a chest pack so it sits right in front which is easy to get to. Although it will fit in a pocket/jeans.

When taking a fly out of the hatchstack you just pull the fly out in reverse and close. I love the fact there is a magnet on the end of the cap were I placed my fly, so then you can find the end of the tippet if it isn't in your mouth...

One more thing I wanted to mention that it is really strong. I did drop mine on a stone bed just one minor scratch, I think you would find it very hard to dent.

If there was anything I would change about the product or have the option would be a nice lanyard fitted to the bottom. (And some other colours) I'm guessing they will inevitably make a smaller version for light carry.

I'm really happy with it!! I still use other boxes for different situations but this is perfect for just tucking it in your pocket and going. I call it my river tube!

My view on the hacklemoor hatchstack

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_072310_194.jpg
    IMG_20200917_072310_194.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200918_205345_859.jpg
    IMG_20200918_205345_859.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200919_082120_275.jpg
    IMG_20200919_082120_275.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200921_214556_328.jpg
    IMG_20200921_214556_328.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
G

GEK79

Hello all..
So I thought I'd go for it and try one out... I was not disappointed!
I first came across the hatchstack on the forum, but I saw a lot of pre-determined opinions as no one actually owned one.
I felt being a product made solely in the uk I wanted to support a British company.
When it came through the post my first initial thoughts were wow! The packaging it came in is well designed and protected the hatchstack well.

When I opened it, it is smaller than I imagined, which is a good thing!!

To open the hatchstick you literally just pull the nurled end and it slides open to reveal the silicone "coil. I went for the orange silicone and love it. They do a light and dark grey too.
It's a one piece unit, so it will not fall out either end.

The same evening I received it I loaded it up straight away with roughly 100 nymphs.( you can fit between 120-140) nymphs
Must admit it did take some getting used to but after inserting the first row I was away.

If you have used tacky boxes you'll get the feel for it right away.

On the weekend I was in Yorkshire fishing in some lovely rivers and it was the perfect place to try it out. I use a chest pack so it sits right in front which is easy to get to. Although it will fit in a pocket/jeans.

When taking a fly out of the hatchstack you just pull the fly out in reverse and close. I love the fact there is a magnet on the end of the cap were I placed my fly, so then you can find the end of the tippet if it isn't in your mouth...

One more thing I wanted to mention that it is really strong. I did drop mine on a stone bed just one minor scratch, I think you would find it very hard to dent.

If there was anything I would change about the product or have the option would be a nice lanyard fitted to the bottom. (And some other colours) I'm guessing they will inevitably make a smaller version for light carry.

I'm really happy with it!! I still use other boxes for different situations but this is perfect for just tucking it in your pocket and going. I call it my river tube!

My view on the hacklemoor hatchstack
Thanks for the review I may put it in my santa list. Hang on lol then the wife would know how much fishing tackle costs. I'll treat myself. Thanks for the update. Enjoy stay safe..
Gary.

Last edited by a moderator: