Hare tantrums

Mrtrout

I saw them boxing as a lad and recently on a new stretch of water I have I discovered several hares playing around in the field.
Im hoping one day I’ll see them boxing it’s a great sight.
S.

ohanzee

I saw them boxing as a lad and recently on a new stretch of water I have I discovered several hares playing around in the field.
Im hoping one day I’ll see them boxing it’s a great sight.
S.

You need to go soon, it doesn't last long, they want to get at it, the hare numbers need to be reasonably high to get boxing, you need extra males to compete, as a lad I watched half a dozen gather at a time, if you get a few then you get a proper show.

Mrtrout

You need to go soon, it doesn't last long, they want to get at it, the hare numbers need to be reasonably high to get boxing, you need extra males to compete, as a lad I watched half a dozen gather at a time, if you get a few then you get a proper show.
Aye there was at least six in one field when I saw them.
Maybe next year I’ll go crack of dawn and catch them, lovely animals.
S.

ohanzee

Aye there was at least six in one field when I saw them.
Maybe next year I’ll go crack of dawn and catch them, lovely animals.
S.

Don't know if just coincidence but I have only seen a decent gathering in calm nice weather, bout late morning, rain seems to put a stop to it.

I had a leveret in the garden a couple of years ago, eyes just open, they used to birth in an old barn here, quite tame at first but as they get older they get progressively less keen to come near you, had the mother feeding them bout 10' away initially, they squeak when they feed.

Latest posts