Hazel Copse (Wilfs), Surrey

dunkmyfly

This venue sounds great, I'm shooting a wedding in Kirdford (about 20 mins away), by the way I'm a photographer not a hit man!

I might pop in for a few hours after as I'm only there a short while, does anyone have a post code as I don't know the area. Also I know £15 C&R is great value but do they do evening tickets?

onetricktrout

Hi there, best of luck finding it, the postcode is RH123AF.

As far as I know there is no evening ticket price, and the £15 catch and release was for the summer only, its back to £20.00 now, but still cheap as chips these days. Enjoy your self, Wilf is a real character.

All,the best, OTT

dunkmyfly

Hi there, best of luck finding it, the postcode is RH123AF.

As far as I know there is no evening ticket price, and the £15 catch and release was for the summer only, its back to £20.00 now, but still cheap as chips these days. Enjoy your self, Wilf is a real character.

All,the best, OTT

Thanks OTT, £20 is still good and can't wait to meet Wilf. I'll let you know how I get on

Tight Line & Wet Nets

Phil

Grasshopper

I'm visiting Hazel Copse for the first time tomorrow with 4 friends. Going by all the reports I can find the fishery is a nymph fishery and has good a good stocking of fish of all sizes.

If the fishery meets our needs we will put Hazel Copse on our agenda for a club visit next year.

I hear Wilf is quite a character and I'm looking forward to meeting him.

I'll try and remember to post a report of our day on Thursday.

GH

parrot

You will have a good time I am sure. Wilf is certainly a character but in the nicest way.

I always have fun with buzzers at Wilf's. Not a hard fishery by any means.

sinkanddraw

Got a mate down this weekend & choice is either Chalk Springs or Hazel Copse, never been to Hazel Copse on a weekend and wondered how busy it got - any readers able to feedback?

parrot

I went a couple of months ago. Business as usual - plenty of fish. Four people there catching on a variety of nymphs and lures. This time if year, buzzers should be working well. He does a catch and release ticket (first fish killed) which is the best option unless you want to risk bagging up early.

roger h 10

Has anybody been to Wilf's lately? Thinking of giving it a go but as it's quite a long drive for me I'd like to know how it's fishing first.

chub1

Has anybody been to Wilf's lately? Thinking of giving it a go but as it's quite a long drive for me I'd like to know how it's fishing first.

Hi, no i have not been for almost a year and a half now. I actually wonder if it's still open!!!.
Only reason i say that is because Wilf ALWAYS had a small ad in 'The Freshwater Informer' along with a small report on the fishing. This has been noticeable by it's abscence for at least 4/5 months .

Would be prudent to try ringing first, just incase.Would be very interested to know how you get on.
Must say i wouldn't mind a few hours there myself, not had much time of late But like yourself it's around an hour and a bit away from me.
Cheers

Last edited:

roger h 10

Hi, no i have not been for almost a year and a half now. I actually wonder if it's still open!!!.
Only reason i say that is because Wilf ALWAYS had a small ad in 'The Freshwater Informer' along with a small report on the fishing. This has been noticeable by it's abscence for at least 4/5 months .

Would be prudent to try ringing first, just incase.Would be very interested to know how you get on.
Must say i wouldn't mind a few hours there myself, not had much time of late But like yourself it's around an hour and a bit away from me.
Cheers

Spoke to Wilf this morning. It was fishing well last week, one angler had Brown's of 10 & 7lb, both returned. He says that the rain of the last couple of days has slowed things down a bit.
I think this has been the case all over as I fished Brick Farm on Tuesday for 8 hours+ and only had one take all day. There were a few fish caught but not many.

chub1

Spoke to Wilf this morning. It was fishing well last week, one angler had Brown's of 10 & 7lb, both returned. He says that the rain of the last couple of days has slowed things down a bit.
I think this has been the case all over as I fished Brick Farm on Tuesday for 8 hours+ and only had one take all day. There were a few fish caught but not many.
Nice to know it's still open. Might try and get down :thumbs:

brighton paul

Planning to go Saturday once I've confirmed he's open, will let you know what happens if it happens.

brighton paul

Had a reasonable morning there today. A bit blowy which proved a bit challenging but I managed to winkle out 4 stockies on a white cats whisker before the rain came through. It's a nice enough little complex but has zero facilities, don't think there's so much as a toilet available. Cost is currently £20 for a 1 fish ticket, £25 for 2, £30 for 3 and guess what, £35 for 4 but,C&R is still available which is a big boon for me.
I go out fishing for the day, I don't want to catch my bag in the first hour and then have to shell out again to fish on, I don't understand why more places don't do it.

Recommended? Yes, pleasant enough, easy access etc and well maintained lakes with the C & R option being the kicker! :D

Last edited:

roger h 10

Had a reasonable morning there today. A bit blowy which proved a bit challenging but I managed to winkle out 4 stockies on a white cats whisker before the rain came through. It's a nice enough little complex but has zero facilities, don't think there's so much as a toilet available. Cost is currently £20 for a 1 fish ticket, £25 for 2, £30 for 3 and guess what, £35 for 4 but,C&R is still available which is a big boon for me.
I go out fishing for the day, I don't want to catch my bag in the first hour and then have to shell out again to fish on, I don't understand why more places don't do it.

Recommended? Yes, pleasant enough, easy access etc and well maintained lakes with the C & R option being the kicker! :D

Lovely little fishery. There are toilets round the back of the bigger building in front of the car park. There are tables and chairs plus a kettle inside the building but it's best to take your own tea,coffe and milk.

If Wilf's around he will very often make angler's a hot drink.:thumbs:

benisa

Lovely little fishery. There are toilets round the back of the bigger building in front of the car park. There are tables and chairs plus a kettle inside the building but it's best to take your own tea,coffe and milk.

If Wilf's around he will very often make angler's a hot drink.:thumbs:

Great place and like the C +R + nice to have a loo:thumbs:
Albury could take a leaf from Hazel Copse books

Latest posts