headley's new book

ACW

In between the old and new Arsenal grounds
Coch-y bhondu books delivered me a blinder of a book ,Reflections on the Loch, by Stan headley.
Not had time to go throigh it all ,but so far its been a great read ,any one thinking of fishing for brown trout from bank or boat should give this a look .

lukewarm

It’s a compilation of his T&S articles I understand?
Hopefully he’ll have good sales as it’s been a trying couple of weeks for him :thumbsdown:

Cap'n Fishy

Coch-y bhondu books delivered me a blinder of a book ,Reflections on the Loch, by Stan headley.
Not had time to go throigh it all ,but so far its been a great read ,any one thinking of fishing for brown trout from bank or boat should give this a look .

Did you order it, Andy, or did it come out the blue? I ask, as I contributed a dose of images to it, FoC, and I was expecting at least to be sent a complimentary copy.

Col

ACW

Did you order it, Andy, or did it come out the blue? I ask, as I contributed a dose of images to it, FoC, and I was expecting at least to be sent a complimentary copy.

Col

Col
I am on Coch y bhondhus email list and it was featured in the last missive.
Hopefully Stan will put you right ,some super pics and its a very good read,now 3/4s of the way through.
had noticed some of the pics had your style,certaily mentioned in the credits!

mattybhoy

Col
Hopefully Stan will put you right ,some super pics and its a very good read,now 3/4s of the way through.

I messaged Stan to see if i could buy the book direct from him so he would get all the money from it after his recent disasterous bad luck , Stan replied that he would have to buy the books in bulk to sell them direct .
However he will be signing books at the Scottish gamefair on the friday and saturday .

Cap'n Fishy

Col

Cheers, Andy. After what mattybhoy has said, I wouldn't ask Stan to buy a copy to give to me, what with things as they are. I will ask Coch-y-Bonddu if they would see their way. I'm loathed to pay for a copy on principle, having given them all those images for F-A, if you see where I am coming from...

Col

ACW

I know exactly where you are coming from Col.After all the publisher is Cochy whatsit.
in the dark though, about what ills have descended on Stan,could someone please enlighten me .

Last edited:

mike fox

Col

I gave all my contributors of my book a free copy. I don't see why he shouldn't give you a free copy. Most authors do.

Cap'n Fishy

Aye, well, it's a bit tricky for Stan, as his house burnt down a couple of weeks ago, and he didn't have contents insurance. Lost everything except what he had with him when he was fishing Loch Leven that day. Now homeless.

There is a crowd-funded whip-round for him, organised by his daughter.

Col

ACW

Cap'n Fishy

I contacted Coch-y-Bonddu Books and they had a copy set aside for me - just needed my address. :thumbs:

If anyone is interested, Stan will be doing a book launch at the Scottish Gamefair, so if you are going, you can get a copy signed by Stan - or if you have a copy already, take it along and get him to sign it. Think it is on Sat 6th July - but check. I got invited to go to it, but will be in Orkney then.

Col

ACW

I contacted Coch-y-Bonddu Books and they had a copy set aside for me - just needed my address. :thumbs:

If anyone is interested, Stan will be doing a book launch at the Scottish Gamefair, so if you are going, you can get a copy signed by Stan - or if you have a copy already, take it along and get him to sign it. Think it is on Sat 6th July - but check. I got invited to go to it, but will be in Orkney then.

Col

pleased that you got your copy.
Hope the sales are good for Stan ,to have losrt all his books and materials collected over decades must be devastating.
I did a we check on replacing one shelf of my ffishing books and we are talking several thousand ,and that just one shelf .

ackroyd

I know some of you have been good enough to pass on spare fly-tying gear to Stan. I met him last week-end and, I'm glad to say, he seemed in remarkably good spirits. Whether that is a front or not, I do not know. What I do know is that Stan is a guru, to whom the whole game fishing community is massively indebted. Stan is planning to move into new accommodation sometime soon, so I would ask you, if you are feeling generous, to hold on to what you intended to send Stan for the moment. I shall post his new address asap.

Latest posts