Heads Up for John Norris - Penrith

A. Fluker

Why is it that whenever I speak to the fishermen who man the tackle shop at John Norris I always seem to get a no nonsense reply backed up by experience instead of bullshlt and a hard sale? The girls who answer the phone don't eem to take offence when you ask to be through to the anglers.

They are not the cheapest shop in the world but for me offer some great unbiased advice and as a result have me going back to them, to offer me hard earned, time and time again.

May that long continue.

:)

ACW

In between the old and new Arsenal grounds
Chris,think you will find that the shop floor folks are all country sportsmen and do know what they are doing .
always had sensible guidance on purchases instore and by phone ,no probs with online purchases either .

bill1

Another big fan of JN. I agree with what's been said.

I'll just add that their after sales service is excellent also.:thumbs:

peter ross

Aye....they are are good as it gets, a bit of a trail from Edinburgh but I tend to pop in once a season. They are great to deal with on the phone too.
Its the whole atmosphere of the place I like and has a real country feel about it. The staff are all top notch.

JeffR

I go in every year when stopping at Penrith for my annual Cumbria fishing week. Very good, they often have a few good offers just in the shop too. Always end up spending more than I intended too....:eek: Only downside is the local parking can be a bit of a hassle if you can't sneak in the small shop car park.

lee majors

nothing but good things to say about them aswell. I ordered a sonik sk4 #6 for £65 last year when they were having a sale, they took my order but had sold out of them without updating the website......they offered me a sk8 #5 for £20 more...bargain compared to the usual price of the sk8! :D

discodazz

Totally agree with everything said here so far, the shop has to be one of the best in the country. As for parking, when I last visited the guy in the shop gave me a parking disc so I could park in the streets nearby. Told me to keep it for when I come back :whistle:

Mrtrout

If any of you knew big Pete Blackwell, the guy with the tash, he has just retired.
Shame really, he was a mind of good information, and always very helpful.
Enjoy your retirement Pete. :thumbs:
S.

rusty

I have been buying stuff from them since 1979. I still have the receipt signed by John.
Bought a reel from them recently and I can vouch for their consistantly good service.
I called by once on a Sunday and found them open. Seems it coincided with the Lowther show and it was their only Sunday opening. Cost me a waistcoat!
They are worth patronising.
Rusty:thumbs:

ibm59

If any of you knew big Pete Blackwell, the guy with the tash.
" Ah ! Folding money , sir ? That'll be another 20% off the bill":eek::thumbs:

The big fellah was a class act behind that counter.:)

Latest posts