Heavy Metal Beauties

dave b

Woke up in the early hours of the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so ended up downstairs tying a few flies before work, including these heavy metal beauties tied on a size 12 Demmon DJS 315 jig hook, with 4mm gold bead, tweaked Troutline Mad Rabbit Dubbing with added red fox squirrel fur, Troutline Spectre Rainbow Black Peacock dubbing, Glowbrite fluro orange collar, 0.14 mm gold wire rib and CDL tail.

Just need to get on the Taff or Usk with a little water in to put them to good use 😁

20200805_082145.jpg

GEK79

Woke up in the early hours of the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so ended up downstairs tying a few flies before work, including these heavy metal beauties tied on a size 12 Demmon DJS 315 jig hook, with 4mm gold bead, tweaked Troutline Mad Rabbit Dubbing with added red fox squirrel fur, Troutline Spectre Rainbow Black Peacock dubbing, Glowbrite fluro orange collar, 0.14 mm gold wire rib and CDL tail.

Just need to get on the Taff or Usk with a little water in to put them to good use 😁

View attachment 29505
Good luck with them.. Look amazing

2306chris

They look excellent Dave....what are the Demmon hooks like, they're a good price at Troutline?

dave b

Chris it's the first flies I've tied on them. I usually use the Hends BL144 wide gape but I thought I'd give the Demmons a try due to issues getting the sizes I wanted in the Hends hooks .

The 18 is a very small size, more like a 20, whereas the 12 is a big hook so I'm not sure how the sizes vary within the range.

Scotty Mitchell

Chris it's the first flies I've tied on them. I usually use the Hends BL144 wide gape but I thought I'd give the Demmons a try due to issues getting the sizes I wanted in the Hends hooks .

The 18 is a very small size, more like a 20, whereas the 12 is a big hook so I'm not sure how the sizes vary within the range.
Excellent nymphs.... Jig hook sizing is beyond me. I use Jig Champion (H480BL I think) but that's mainly because I'm used to them and know the sizs through repetition!