Hello - again.. (from Sussex)

paul s

Hello to you all..

I did register here back in 07, but since then have lost my password and changed email addresses with no access to my old ones so re registered this week. Hoping to do a bit more with the fly rod now though, so thought i'd rejoin.

Brief background: Started fly fishing (age 16) when I moved to Wales with my father in '84 as there was little in the way of coarse fishing in the area, and very quickly fell in love with it. Stayed there for 4 years before moving again to Cotswolds, then back to Sussex where I'm originally from. Enjoyed fishing each area, both res and day ticket stillwaters, and the odd river.. I did reduce my fly time right down as I became more and more unhappy about taking trout's life away from them, and I have always been a keen coarse and carp angler so these area's kept me busy. Happily now though more and more waters are open to catch and release, so I do get to enjoy a bit more fluff chucking again. Fished in Norway a bit once which was amazing, and really want to catch a Bonefish before I lose my marbles completely! Usually tie my own patterns as well as making all my carp baits, and spend way too much money on kit!

Tight lines everyone :)

Paul.

Last edited:

zebrasas

Hi Paul. Welcome back. I see you like catch & release, I like to take the odd fish but prefer to release most. I live in Sussex, is there a water here that does catch and release? I cant seem to find one, maybe you would be happy to let me know.
Andy

paul s

Thanks all..

Zebrasas, Bewl water allows C&R now, but most commercials still don't. If i hear of any where more local i'll let you know though..

roger h 10

I don't know of any C&R waters in Sussex, however here in Kent there are five that I can think of as well as Bewl.
There is Buckland Trout Fishery at Hoo, Tenterden Trout Waters, Spring Hill at Pembury, Chequertree at Bethersden and Water Farm at Stowting.
If you want any more information on any of these waters let me know as I have fished them all at one time or another.:thumbs:

ChrisC84

Hi Paul,
Will you be at iFish on Sunday at Heywards Heath? If so I'm on the SKB stand so swing by :)

zebrasas

Thanks Paul and Roger for your info on C&R. Bewl closest to me so maybe give this a try.
Andy

paul s

Hi Paul,
Will you be at iFish on Sunday at Heywards Heath? If so I'm on the SKB stand so swing by :)

Chris, possibly I will be as it may not be a great day on the bank with this sudden cold snap:eek: Will certainly come and say hello if I do!

Tangled

Hi Paul, I a new returnee, also from Sussex. I fish occasionally at Ardingley, not catch and release sadly but a good place to spend a day now and then. (It's also only open until July.)

pigsypete

Hi Paul,

Welcome back I fished Bewl a lot last year mostly C&R (don't like the taste of trout) and learnt a lot but by no means an expert.

If you ever fancy some company for a day down there just give me a shout.

Pete