Hello, again!

Scotty Mitchell

Good Morning All.
I have been a member on here before, and decided to have a wee break.
I felt I wasn't contributing anything of use and was somewhat of a passenger.
To be honest I've missed the place and decided to come back and hopefully contribute something along the way.
The Forum has been extremely good to me over the years, I feel it was daft to leave in the first place now.
I have continued to fish, mainly the Earn, Tay and Loch Turret for my bread and butter, and get up to Assynt and Wester Ross as often as is practicable.
I have also just got a new Spaniel, who is keeping me on my toes.
I hope you are all well and I look forward to some good conversations.
Tight lines everyone! IMG-20200623-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:

Scotty Mitchell

Again thank you gentlemen I appreciate the welcome, I'm very happy to see you are all still here.
No Roger he's the only one of his litter who won't be, my Dad picks up and this one was his pick of the litter from his Stud, which he had previously offered to us.
I only have time for a pet dog im afraid, but growing up with working dogs, I just can't abide a poorly trained dog!

roger h 10

Again thank you gentlemen I appreciate the welcome, I'm very happy to see you are all still here.
No Roger he's the only one of his litter who won't be, my Dad picks up and this one was his pick of the litter from his Stud, which he had previously offered to us.
I only have time for a pet dog im afraid, but growing up with working dogs, I just can't abide a poorly trained dog!
Better to have a well trained pet than a badly trained gun dog. I've seen too many of the latter and there are two things that they all have in common. The first is that their owners think they're the best thing since sliced bread whilst every body else thinks they're a total pain in the derriere. :)

Scotty Mitchell

Better to have a well trained pet than a badly trained gun dog. I've seen too many of the latter and there are two things that they all have in common. The first is that their owners think they're the best thing since sliced bread whilst every body else thinks they're a total pain in the derriere. :)
Brilliant! Very true also.
It really grinds my gears as to train a dog to know the very basic "manners" as I call them, isn't that difficult.

Scotty Mitchell

Like not jumping up on you or anyone else?

Welcome back to the forum.

Al
That's one on the main ones Al. Add on mooching, barking at anything that moves and not coming to heel, and you have the perfect storm.
Pups need to be pups don't get me wrong here, but at 10 weeks the basic training should start or have started , and both the dog and owner will reap the benefits very quickly.
I'd love to have a pair of Spaniels to train and work, but unfortunately it's just not feasible with family, fishing and work.
Dex will be a hill loch companion, its 4 years since my last 4 legged one, I'm really looking forward to it!