Hello fellow flyfishers!

Amateur Angler

I've fished since the age of about 7, in sea, lake and river. Fly fishing has always been the most compelling for me: the simplicity of the gear required so that mobility is easy, and of course essential. I live on the South Coast, and on warm evenings, when the tide is right, the beach provides good sport and dinner with hard fighting mackerel. I've been lucky enough to have had family who took me fishing on some of the great stillwaters and chalk streams. I'm now getting to the age when I can dedicate a bit more time to go fishing, and it seems like a good idea to connect with people who also like to spend time by some water with a fly rod.

mike fox

I've fished since the age of about 7, in sea, lake and river. Fly fishing has always been the most compelling for me: the simplicity of the gear required so that mobility is easy, and of course essential. I live on the South Coast, and on warm evenings, when the tide is right, the beach provides good sport and dinner with hard fighting mackerel. I've been lucky enough to have had family who took me fishing on some of the great stillwaters and chalk streams. I'm now getting to the age when I can dedicate a bit more time to go fishing, and it seems like a good idea to connect with people who also like to spend time by some water with a fly rod.
Welcome to a fellow southerner.
If you are on Facebook try this https://www.facebook.com/groups/StillwaterTroutFishing/ there's a few people from your neck of the woods on it.