Hello from France

simonL

Hello everybody !
My name is Simon, 35 years old, fly fishing since I was a 20. Fishing mainly trout/grayling and pike.
I come from France and live in Nantes.
I use to start season for salmon in Brittany (march/april) then during may to september I focus on trout fishing in Basque Country (Pyrenees)or Brittany. And during late season from september to january, I go for grayling and pike fishing on river Dordogne mainly.
I have made couple fishing trip in Italy, Norway and particularly in Ireland.
Glad to join your forum, curious to know and share flyfishing culture.
Be sure I will try to do my best to improve my english...

blithfield2

Welcome to the forum Simon, like yourself, we are all confined to barracks - unable to fish and so talk is on here is quite meaningful!

simonL

Thank you for your warm welcome !
Yes, we are confined. As we are during closing season in fact. I use to say this year, closing season is only a bit longer !
I think this time might also give us opportunity for other things, as for example trying to know more about flyfishing culture over the Channel and more...

Lewis Chessman

Hi, Simon, welcome to the funhouse! Hope you'll share some photos and stories from your favorite waters with us when you've unpacked your bags and settled in.

simonL

Thank you all,
I'll do my best to write about my rivers !
and for course, if you have some question about flyfishing in Brittany, SW pyrenees or river Dordogne, I'll be glad to share some tips.

lhomme

Bienvenu, Simon, ici vous trouverez plein sur la culture de la pêche à la mouche Anglaise dans tous les coins du forum et dans tous les sens du terme. ;)

corto maltese

Simon, I'd love some information/advice on the south west Pyrenees, it's something I've been thinking about for a while and when this has calmed down....
It's not that far from me, a good destination for a week of camping sauvage et fario je ponse, non ?
I'm rather good assassinating your language n'est pa ?
I've been assassinating the English language for fifty years so I've had a lot of practice 😉

Last edited:

simonL

Waw, I didn't expect to receive such welcome and from many places, many thanks lads !
@corto maltese You've reached a quiet good level in assassinating language, we could teach each other ;). Seafarer's life isn't the best school unfortunately.
About Pyrenees, I'll post something about, at least what I know, it's such fantastic place.

speytime

Hi Simon welcome to forum Nantes used to be one of the big meetings in the Scottish pigeon racing calendar, my dad raced pigeons when I was a boy and seeing the name brought back the memories 😊

Al

glueman

simonL keep filling your daily form in though my son says the Gendarme where he lives have lost interest in it so have the population Welcome

catzrob

Good to e-meet you Simon! Hope to see some photos of your fishing, especially Britanny!

Latest posts