Hello from Somerset

pipsull

Hi all...

I did a 1day introduction to fly fishing as part of a 'bucket list' for a milestone birthday this year; I've previously done coarse fishing, spinning and sea fishing (shore, boat and kayak!) but hadn't done any fly fishing until now.

I really enjoyed it and have started making enquiries locally about more tuition (I'm on the Eastern edge of Exmoor).

Hope to pick up a few tips about equipment and locations to fish while I'm here.

Pippa

fredaevans

Add my warm welcome from a small corner of Southern Oregon. Recommend you go back and put your general location under your name. Lots of 'answers' can be pretty local specific if we know about where your at.

fae

dave b

Welcome Pippa. + 1 for Nick Hart and Exe Valley Fishery.

FunkyFlyTying

Nick Hart or Pete Tyjas are your guys.
Both great guides and instructors.
If you ever get up to Taunton pop in to our unit for a coffee and chat and we will point you in the right direction for fishing , flies etc.

T:thumbs:

pipsull

I've looked through Nick's website (and taken some good tips from it!) but not contacted him so far - nice to see the recommendations though!

Taunton is only about 15miles away from home, although it would have to be a day off to catch you open FunkyFlyTying - I work away (Surrey) during the week - but I appreciate the offer, thanks! :)

I'm thinking of going to the Bath&West show next week to see what they're demo'ing; I'm sure I recall someone doing fly casting demo's and people selling fly gear there in years past?