Hello from South Wales

Welsh Coast Angler

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum. I started fly fishing at the age of 13 on the river dee in Bala targeting trout and grayling. At 18 I joined the army and fishing took a back seat for girls, clubbing, and adventure. After leaving the Army at the age of 30, I moved to Cardiff and took up lure fishing. I still enjoy lure fishing in West Wales for Bass when I get the opportunity.
At 41, I've gone full circle and have been fly fishing again for the past couple of years. This time, I'm specifically saltwater fly fishing. I've caught numerous Bass, Pollock, Mullet, and Mackeral. This year I plan to target Sea Trout and I look forward to learning from all of you on the forum.

Ieuan

speytime

Welcome to the forum Ieuan, imo sea trout fishing through the night is unbeatable, its surprising how your other senses make up for the lack of sight, i think it adds to the experience I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Al

garrynic

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum. I started fly fishing at the age of 13 on the river dee in Bala targeting trout and grayling. At 18 I joined the army and fishing took a back seat for girls, clubbing, and adventure. After leaving the Army at the age of 30, I moved to Cardiff and took up lure fishing. I still enjoy lure fishing in West Wales for Bass when I get the opportunity.
At 41, I've gone full circle and have been fly fishing again for the past couple of years. This time, I'm specifically saltwater fly fishing. I've caught numerous Bass, Pollock, Mullet, and Mackeral. This year I plan to target Sea Trout and I look forward to learning from all of you on the forum.

Ieuan
Welcome Ieuan
I am also from Cardiff, you have come to the right place on here.
Theres some great guys, with a wealth of knowledge,all usually willing to help you out.
Cheers
Garry

diawl bach

Hi Ieuan, good to see another Cardiffian on the forum, I do a bit of bass and sewin fishing down west myself - looking forward to getting out again as I'm sure you are.
Colin

Latest posts