Help! Stuck rod sections!

gg76

Just a quick update if anyone cares. Finally managed to separate the rod parts with the help of a mate and some inner tube �� made my week !

morayfisher

Trust Member
Just a quick update if anyone cares. Finally managed to separate the rod parts with the help of a mate and some inner tube �� made my week !
Good news!
Are you going to wax the joint and carry on using the rod?
Be interesting to know if it's OK in the future.

gg76

Hi Moray,
Yes i have already waxed the joints and indeed I will be using it as it’s my go to rod��
Thanks G

jeffhirst

Just had stuck joint this week and tried everything.I then put on latex gloves and used the behind the knees procedure...worked a treat. The extra grip provided by the gloves was amazing. Hopes this helps other people

fruinfisher

One of my rod joints got stuck at the weekend as it has done before. It was cool at the start, but the temp rose quite a bit during the day. All I did was stick it in the river for a few minutes and it came apart with no bother. I’m sure warm water would work if the temp dropped during the day.

Rhithrogena

I had need to separate two stuck sections of rod today. Used the method I always use. Just two loops of parcel tape.
You don't need the 'behind the knees' method, another person, ice, hot water, WD-40 or other trickery.
Try it next time you're stuck. Has never failed for me.....

Latest posts