He's Fallen in the Water,( High pitched Squeaky voice)

easker1

yes once again I proved my ability to be a complete divvy,up at our local loch missed a couple of fish , it was very gusty , turned round to come off this rocky bit,got caught by a gust of wind and hey presto, measured my length in the water, then to compound the felony after putting my gear in the boot , didn't I just go an lock my self out, the wife is away with the spare key, so the local garage is sorting it out, the saying is true there is no fool like an old fool, and I am the living proof,I was lucky I came away with nothing worse than bent dignity and a staved pinkie, and very wet clothes, easker1

Scotty Mitchell

yes once again I proved my ability to be a complete divvy,up at our local loch missed a couple of fish , it was very gusty , turned round to come off this rocky bit,got caught by a gust of wind and hey presto, measured my length in the water, then to compound the felony after putting my gear in the boot , didn't I just go an lock my self out, the wife is away with the spare key, so the local garage is sorting it out, the saying is true there is no fool like an old fool, and I am the living proof,I was lucky I came away with nothing worse than bent dignity and a staved pinkie, and very wet clothes, easker1
Good day then Derek? 😂

easker1

had to tape my pinkie to my next finger to ease the pain, I've done it before so I didn't learn a thing, but if you go fishing you expect to get wet , maybe not that way, easker1

GEK79

had to tape my pinkie to my next finger to ease the pain, I've done it before so I didn't learn a thing, but if you go fishing you expect to get wet , maybe not that way, easker1
When locksown started I fished the river for the first time.. I was climbing under a tree on an embankment put my hands onto brambles and let go of the branch.. Lucky the river wasn't in flow soaked to the bone and a half mile walk home.. I feel for you and all.. Joys of fishing

Fishtales

Fishing a hill loch I was traversing a rock face, as in 100 feet high, carefully using rocks and shallow water to walk in. One rock tilted, my foot slipped and I put out my hand to stop the fall. Unfortunately water isn't solid. My hand went through the water and hit the rocks which resulted in my pinkie up, ring finger down, middle finger up, index finger down and thumb up which was really painful. What was even more painful was the rock that hit me in the ribs just below my armpit.The first thing I thought of was to get up out of the water before I got soaked which i did very quickly, that was when the pain struck and I thought I was going to be sick as my stomach did flip flops. I struggled along a bit to get to a skerry, struggled out of my rucksack and got the crepe bandage out of my first aid kit and strapped my hand up before it got too swollen, took two pain killers and carried on fishing. That was the second day of a six day trip and the pain in my ribs kept me awake in the tent for two nights before it started to ease. it was fine while fishing as long as I didn't twist too quickly and kept taking the pain killers. The ribs were sore for weeks afterwards at work and I am sure I cracked one of my ribs although it was probably just badly bruised. Carrying a post bag and delivering mail wasn't exactly pleasant for a few weeks :)

4wings

You have passed the first test, Continue to fish.

ohanzee

Fishing a hill loch I was traversing a rock face, as in 100 feet high, carefully using rocks and shallow water to walk in. One rock tilted, my foot slipped and I put out my hand to stop the fall. Unfortunately water isn't solid. My hand went through the water and hit the rocks which resulted in my pinkie up, ring finger down, middle finger up, index finger down and thumb up which was really painful. What was even more painful was the rock that hit me in the ribs just below my armpit.The first thing I thought of was to get up out of the water before I got soaked which i did very quickly, that was when the pain struck and I thought I was going to be sick as my stomach did flip flops. I struggled along a bit to get to a skerry, struggled out of my rucksack and got the crepe bandage out of my first aid kit and strapped my hand up before it got too swollen, took two pain killers and carried on fishing. That was the second day of a six day trip and the pain in my ribs kept me awake in the tent for two nights before it started to ease. it was fine while fishing as long as I didn't twist too quickly and kept taking the pain killers. The ribs were sore for weeks afterwards at work and I am sure I cracked one of my ribs although it was probably just badly bruised. Carrying a post bag and delivering mail wasn't exactly pleasant for a few weeks :)
Absolute nails, most would be done in just by the 6 days in a tent :)

mackiia1

Walking along a high river bank a few years ago and suddenly there was no bank under the grass I placed my foot on. I swear it happened in slow motion .
My first thought was , don't break the bloody rod , so I shot my arm out to one side which caused my whole body to spin as I fell.
I landed flat on my back with a bang, in about a foot of water and it knocked the air out of my lungs.
I remember sitting up in the river and all I could think was ' is there anyone around who saw this?'.
There wasn't , but I felt extremely embarassed as I waddled off back to the car ,soaked to the skin.

shropshire_lad

Best I can do was when I was a kid. Cycling along the Staffs & Worcs canal in winter or early spring my bike hit one of those eroded bits caused by the wash from boats. I wobbled one way, then the other, then the other and then went over......into the canal. My life flashed before me as I envisaged sinking into the murky depths with my bike dragging me down. Turned out it was only about a foot or so deep. I hauled myself out and my bike - totally soaked to the skin.

Fortunately, there were some anglers on the other side who......fell around pissing themselves with laughter.

No choice but to cycle back home, about 5 miles or more, soaking wet and cold.

Does that qualify for an "absolute nails" @ohanzee ? You have to remember, I'm a soft southerner ;)

ohanzee

Does that qualify for an "absolute nails" @ohanzee ? You have to remember, I'm a soft southerner ;)
Mmmmm not sure, I cycled into a steel gate in the dark that wasn't erected when I left going the other way, the gaps were big enough to take the whole bike so my head hit the top bit first, split my scalp and fractured my skull, one of those 'think I'll just sit down and have a wee sleep here' moments:)fortunately a sensible person got me up and saw me safely back on the bike, don't remember much more than my sister screaming(I went to her house for some reason) and arriving at hospital where I felt absolutely fine despite not being 100% certain why I was covered in blood and missing a shoe, I knew my name but couldn't put my finger on it, heavy concussion, anyway after they glued my scalp back together and I had come round a bit my sister showed me a picture, my skull was showing with a big flap of scalp hanging:eek: an hour earlier I was wandering about accident and emergency like that with blood all down my front wearing one shoe telling people that I was fine😛

Unfortunately I can only be nails when concussed, the next day was a different story, so no, to be as nails as Fishtales we would need to do that bit then go fishing for 6 days in the middle of nowhere then go back to work!

streams

I have fallen in twice in the last two years might be because I've a dodgy left ankle due to rheumatoid arthritis or my balance is slightly wonky,I'm near 62,but the best one yet in the no fool like an old fool happened Tuesday,the bin was full I climbed in to said bin and it didn't like that the bin went one way I went,well I'm not to sure where I went,but landed on the bin on my back scraped my right calf from knee to ankle and I think the damn thing is now infected,I bolted into the house and was grateful that no one including my wife or youngest son had the opportunity of making me a YouTube sensation

speytime

I must have walked my local river bank 1000s of times, last year I'm cutting up around a tree that hangs out over the river, its around 6/7ft up around it as i put my foot down at the top and it shot from under me, the next thing I'm horizontal in mid air heading towards face planting said tree, luckily I got my hands to it 1st, that saved me a very sore face (cringe) and kept me out the water, some how or another my rod landed in the water undamaged, i certainly got a fright but I didn't have injuries worth mentioning, now I treat that particular point with caution.

Al

Last edited:

BobP

Several years ago I was fishing a River Eliminator on the River Teign in Devon. A lovely little river in really cracking scenery.

The plan of the day was to fish in pairs - one to fish for 3 hours while the other kept score and then after a short break switch over. This worked very well as a means of running the competition.

It is necessary to wade the Teign and all I had was a pair of normal boot-foot waders. No studs or felts. Due to the slimy rocks & stones I spent an hour of my allotted 3 hour session on my face in the river. I would pick myself up, take two or three steps forward and promptly lose my footing once more.

Somehow I managed to catch enough to win, but it was an uncomfortable 3 hours while my partner fished and I slowly dried out.

Memo to self: Get a better set of waders!

Latest posts