HillView Trout Fishery Leabotwood

picturepete

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is happening at Hillview Trout Fishery. I see that Paul the previous owner has closed down. Does anyone know who has obtained it and if it is going to reopen as a Trout Fishery. It would be sad to see it go altogether.

pete.

swiss

Don't think anybody knows anything yet, there's been talk of it turning into a carp fishery rather disappointingly and unsurprisingly, cause we need more of those!
From a purely selfish point of view I'm hoping Prince Albert take it on, either way I hope it stays as a fly water, even though the trout taste like ****.

picturepete

Hi,

personally I hope Prince Albert don't take it on. They took over Cound and ruined the place! I hear hardly anyone fishes Cound now because it is too deep for Carp. It would be good if it remained a Trout Fishery.

Pete.

swiss

Well yes I hope they take it on provided they keep it a trout fishery!
Cound is quite popular to be fair and fishing well for most species.

mat elot

Sad to see Hillview lose Paul's tenancy, Have fished here quite a lot over the last 6 years and became good friends with Paul, lovely well run place in a beautiful location,as is often with small fisheries it was not supported well enough and many a time I had the place to my self,which was very nice but didn't help to pay the bills !
Paul.

oldgold

Sad to see Hillview lose Paul's tenancy, Have fished here quite a lot over the last 6 years and became good friends with Paul, lovely well run place in a beautiful location,as is often with small fisheries it was not supported well enough and many a time I had the place to my self,which was very nice but didn't help to pay the bills !
Paul.

Pretty fishery, nice to fish, but personally I always thought Paul was miserable, gave the impression he didn't want to be there or really for you to catch his fish imo. And that is coming from someone who quite openly admits to being miserable himself. Comparing it to the greeting and assistance you get at Onnyvale and Ellerdine it does not surprise me that people have voted with their feet. Sad though.

richfish1

Pretty fishery, nice to fish, but personally I always thought Paul was miserable, gave the impression he didn't want to be there or really for you to catch his fish imo. And that is coming from someone who quite openly admits to being miserable himself. Comparing it to the greeting and assistance you get at Onnyvale and Ellerdine it does not surprise me that people have voted with their feet. Sad though.
I think it's been struggling business wise for a while, it'd make me pretty miserable and depressed too. However stunning the setting.
If I had the funds spare/ and prepared to risk losing it all, I'd take the place on myself.
As for Cound, I really miss that place. Had some superb sport on that fishery, even worked there when it first opened.

oldgold

I think it's been struggling business wise for a while, it'd make me pretty miserable and depressed too. However stunning the setting.
If I had the funds spare/ and prepared to risk losing it all, I'd take the place on myself.
As for Cound, I really miss that place. Had some superb sport on that fishery, even worked there when it first opened.

I can't see it being a viable business . At an average of twenty quid a ticket, ten anglers a day over three hundred days...to make the maths simple.....is sixty grand, not including any costs. And when I have been there there are typically way less than ten anglers. I agree, that if money were no objection to it would be great. Nice to have a couple of boats on it as well....

Latest posts