Hodgman Waders - anyone tried them?

cbfc4eva

Hi,

My Simms breathables are on their last legs :eek:(sorry about that!) so I'm putting an order in with Santa for some new waders.

The construction and layering of the Hodgmans looks impressive but thought I would put it out there to the forum to see if anyone has tried them or knows of any pros and cons of buying a pair of Hodgmans?

Cheers

Neil :)👍🎣

benisa

Did try out a pair found the sizing well out like wearing a pair of clowns pants
otherwise looked well made
went back to vision

pati

Did try out a pair found the sizing well out like wearing a pair of clowns pants
otherwise looked well made
went back to vision

If you are after tough waders, I ve only read good things about the new Orvis pro...

wobbly face

Fantastic. Aesiss sonic with zip front, coming into my second winter, I use for winter wading with the INS core. Yes the sizing is large despite me buying a medium, extra leg length and body girth but you'd need to try before you buy (which I didn't, online). Buying a size smaller a bit risky. They are comfortable and well made. The INS core is to size and do fit in the waders nicely.
I also have Hodgman boots and they are absolutely solid.
I did meet up with John Tyzack and was wearing a pair. Those guys don't like rubbish and can soon go through waders.

Clunk

I think the makers claim to have invented waders.
I've been using them for a couple of seasons and they seem fine, The material has a reassuring feel of toughness but I suppose it's how they are put together that counts.
No problem with fitting, I'm around 6 feet. probably best to try them out first in a store.

cbfc4eva

Fantastic. Aesiss sonic with zip front, coming into my second winter, I use for winter wading with the INS core. Yes the sizing is large despite me buying a medium, extra leg length and body girth but you'd need to try before you buy (which I didn't, online). Buying a size smaller a bit risky. They are comfortable and well made. The INS core is to size and do fit in the waders nicely.
I also have Hodgman boots and they are absolutely solid.
I did meet up with John Tyzack and was wearing a pair. Those guys don't like rubbish and can soon go through waders.
The zip front ones were the ones I was looking at. When you say the sizing is large do you mean around the leg or the waist or the length? I tend to do a lot of walking in mine and have worn holes on the inside of both of the calf parts of my current ones - are these areas reinforced at all? Thanks

benisa

to be fair I kept the boots that came with the waders plus the extra soles waders them self's were good material just the sizing ( maybe my shape ) o_O

benisa

The zip front ones were the ones I was looking at. When you say the sizing is large do you mean around the leg or the waist or the length? I tend to do a lot of walking in mine and have worn holes on the inside of both of the calf parts of my current ones - are these areas reinforced at all? Thanks
if you are really keen on these I would order 2 pairs in different sizes try them at home then send back the ones you dis like, as no shops open to do this

dave b

I recently bout a pair of the Aesiss sonic weld zip fronts and the H-Lock Boa Boots on offer at GAC about a month ago. I paid £320 for the pair, (the waders have gone back up to £300, were £200). They are very tough material and reasonably generous in sizing.

I'm a standard medium and they fit fine although the legs are marginally wider around the kness and longer than my old Snowbee and Vision waders. There's also a little more room in the body which is perfect for when you have a few extra layers on.

The boots seem to be solid although not quite the quality of the Orvis BOA boots. Can't comment on the H lock system but it seems like a decent design.

I haven't tried them yet but they seem to be built to last. At the price I paid I can't complain as it was a very good offer.

wobbly face

That was a good offer Dave b.

All over plenty of material, length of leg and width, waist and chest. Sizing more like a large long. I'm similar size to Dave b in regular medium. I did once get some Vision Ikons in medium long and the Hodgmans are on a parr leg length wise. I decided to keep them as they were only £270 last year from US, got the boots from Italy at half price with extra soles at £10 each. The INS core £60 instead of £70 from Fishtec. Since seen the INS core for £45 recently. You wins some, you lose some.