Honesty? The Best Or Only Policy?

iainmortimer

I know. What I don't understand is why anyone would pay that for stockie bashing.
Indeed. I much prefer the wild fishing available but even that on the Avon, Frome and the like is likely to hit three figures for a day! Prices most people out of the market but they can get it and so do.

benisa

I know. What I don't understand is why anyone would pay that for stockie bashing.
Not all are stockie fish : so for £50 what I pay, can not be bad: Grayling £30 a day
trust have not given too much away :unsure:

ohanzee

Cost is supply and demand, and convenience.

You can book a day on a chalkstream with a guide and everything else you need, pay by Paypal and have a fishing experience without spending a lifetime working out where to go by going there to find out.

Ready meal versus learn how to cook, where to get the ingredients and making the odd inedible concoction.

benisa

Cost is supply and demand, and convenience.

You can book a day on a chalkstream with a guide and everything else you need, pay by Paypal and have a fishing experience without spending a lifetime working out where to go by going there to find out.

Ready meal versus learn how to cook, where to get the ingredients and making the odd inedible concoction.
Yes you could pay by paypal then turn around say it was not what you thought it would be like : then knowing Paypal get your money back ! :unsure:
food for thought ;)

ohanzee

Yes you could pay by paypal then turn around say it was not what you thought it would be like : then knowing Paypal get your money back ! :unsure:
food for thought ;)

I had no idea fishing chalk streams came with a money back guarantee, its sounding ever more unappealing.

Scotty Mitchell

£250 gets me 5 miles of the Earn, all species, a 3.5 mile long unstocked loch/reservoir and 7 miles of the Tay for Trout and Grayling season included, with change. Paying that for a single day just seems ludicrous, it’s unlikely I’d ever consider it, even though I could afford it.

bobmiddlepoint

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Anybody who pays for fishing is just playing at it. If you are serious about it people just give you fishing for nothing. And I'm not talking about just wandering into the hills and helping yourself!

Andy

ohanzee

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Anybody who pays for fishing is just playing at it. If you are serious about it people just give you fishing for nothing. And I'm not talking about just wandering into the hills and helping yourself!

Andy

If.....you have been doing it a while and speak to a lot of fishers and land owners, not many do that, and in parts of England water with trout in is a goldmine now.

eddleston123

Next time I catch a specimen fish, I'll tell lies and describe an exact location - a location that is totally devoid of fish!

I'll then walk the banks the week after and laugh my head off at all these desperate anglers hoping to catch the same!

Douglas

benisa

£250 gets me 5 miles of the Earn, all species, a 3.5 mile long unstocked loch/reservoir and 7 miles of the Tay for Trout and Grayling season included, with change. Paying that for a single day just seems ludicrous, it’s unlikely I’d ever consider it, even though I could afford it.
Have always said you boys have better valve for money on fishing than down south
Plus I would never and have never paid £ 200 just to fish a river

Paul_B

In years gone by the Bil had had a complimentary via the ministry of aviation to fish all the top rivers in Hampshire but he didn't fish, however my brother took advantage of the ticket whenever he visited them in fleet 🎣 :)

iainmortimer

The problem is that if you want to fish a river in the south you fork out or you don’t fish or put up with VERY second best. Hence the prices being charged. There are a number of clubs with reasonable numbers of trout but good dry fly water it’s not. One of the reasons I make the long trip to Wales for the vast majority of my river fishing.

loxie

The problem is that if you want to fish a river in the south you fork out or you don’t fish or put up with VERY second best. Hence the prices being charged. There are a number of clubs with reasonable numbers of trout but good dry fly water it’s not. One of the reasons I make the long trip to Wales for the vast majority of my river fishing.
There is a vast amount of very cheap good trout fishing in the West Country.