Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hot Glue Shrimp

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Anjinsan 
#1 ·

Just hot glue and coloured wire. Transparent, natural, soft legs, solid, realistic...

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
First thing is to make a hotglue body over a wire. I use hotglue-gun to put some hotglue all over the hook. Later, i warm that with a lighter again and rotate to get a nice smooth shape. Then, warm a extra piece of hotglue with a lighter, touch a body and easily stretch, cut with scissors and that's the leg. There's no need for bodkin.
I couldn't make step by step with camera today, but i hope that this simple Tarzan/English explanation will help. :D

#23 ·
Thanks guys! The inspiration comes long time a go. One local fly tyer start making simple wetfly bodies with this material. After he gave a peace to me, to see what will i do, I start making handsome bodies and legs for many flies.
In practical fishing, this material can give good results, because it is solid, transparent, smooth...With hot glue you can make good realistic flies that catch fish, not for galleries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.