Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hot Glue Trout Fry

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  mixmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is one of my imitations of fish (trout) fry. Just cover the hook with twisted (or braided) crystal flash, then finish with transparent, black, yellow and red hotglue.
Trout fingerlings were just hatched, so this fly could be a good "match".

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi WP:)
Here is one story for you:
Big dady trout comes home after all day hard work siting somewhere doing nothing with his palls:D
Dady:Hi darling,I am home
Mom(also big ,fat ,grumpy old b**ch):eek: yeah:mad:
dady:dont you yeah me:mad:what 's for supper?
mom:I am so sorry,didn't get anything home..some bad fisherman(WP:D) was at market today:(:(:(
dady:I know that maniac,he shorly shall remember me:mad::mad:But,never the less I am still hungry...
mom:I have no idea what you might eat:confused::confused::(
dady: I do...where are the kids:D:D:D:D

#5 ·
Great I now have crazyReg from Montenegro making up jokes about me, my day is getting better with each minute that passes.
Thanks Reg I am flattered. I will tell it to the Eggbox next time I am cleaning it out..... The 12,000 little orphans will love it. Especially the mummy and Daddy reference!

#13 ·
Dear Mixmaster ,

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the death of flydressing !

Best wishes

Steve Parton
No Steve just a bloke being innovative and having fun, No differant than Leon Guthrie's novelty flies, where he is having fun with every day objects.
Mike

#14 ·
My friend Madjoni - the one and only king of montenegrian fly fishing - he is always ready for good jokes. :D
Thanks to him, my thread became more active.

I must confess that hotglue fry is imitation of helpless fish fry, which I intend to use at the end of the Czech nymph system. So, it is not a streamer, it is an imitation of small fry that is unable to swim across the strong current. We'll see what trout think about it, as soon as water levels of serbian rivers fall to normal...;)

#19 ·
Dear Mixmaster ,

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the death of flydressing !

Best wishes

Steve Parton
You should send him the yokes you tow behind your boat.

#20 ·
Don't worry about that new fly tying material and technique. Fly tying history is not finished yet. There must be new materials and techniques, now and tomorrow. There is nothing wrong if we use new materials for better imitation.
Madjoni, just ask for one hotglue streamer during next FF meeting in Montenegro. I'll be there.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.