Hot pulling hog

Cap'n Fishy

Sunburst deer hair wing, and fiery brown everything else...

Hog_8743.jpg

Col

Oldbones

I am really starting to like this style of fly, nice they look alive, this one looks brilliant, might have to try and make some..

goldenolive

Sunburst and Fiery brown, two of my most productive colours :) Sunburst in Lough pulling flies and fiery brown in Lough dry flies
suberb looking pattern Col!
how do you fish it? greasing the wing and pulling it along the shallows?

Cap'n Fishy

Sunburst and Fiery brown, two of my most productive colours :) Sunburst in Lough pulling flies and fiery brown in Lough dry flies
suberb looking pattern Col!
how do you fish it? greasing the wing and pulling it along the shallows?

Cheers. I have at least 3 different styles of hogs and half-hogs. The ones in my dry fly box are the ones for greasing the wing and fishing static dry or tripping across the surface/and/or playing 'pop through'. The pulling ones (like that one above) live in my wet fly box and can take the place of a muddler or bushy palmer in the bob fly position. Can also add a bit extra disturbance by putting it in the middle behind a muddler, if the muddler is doing all the scoring.

Col

goldenolive

Cheers. I have at least 3 different styles of hogs and half-hogs. The ones in my dry fly box are the ones for greasing the wing and fishing static dry or tripping across the surface/and/or playing 'pop through'. The pulling ones (like that one above) live in my wet fly box and can take the place of a muddler or bushy palmer in the bob fly position. Can also add a bit extra disturbance by putting it in the middle behind a muddler, if the muddler is doing all the scoring.

Col
Its a pattern I'm going to fish much more this year as we have plenty of Corixa and buzzer feeders and the leggy hog patterns should score well.

Latest posts